Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition includes working night vision goggles

codmw2_prestige_edition_071309-580px.jpg

What on Earth? Infinity Ward community manager Robert Bowling has made a YouTube video of himself unboxing the absolutely epic "prestige edition" of Modern Warfare 2 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. When we say "epic," we're talking "it includes working night vision goggles" epic. Also in the box is a voucher code for downloading the previously rumored PSN/XBLA version of the original Call of Duty. This plus a steel game case, art book and a custom molded plastic head for displaying your working night vision goggles on. (But of course!)

There's no mention of a retail price for the set, but we can't imagine it'll be anything less than stupid crazy expensive. We're also working to find out when and if Activision intends to distribute the downloadable remake of the CoD that started it all. Check out the unboxing after the break -- but only after ensuring that your socks are safely and securely pinned to your pants.

YouTube Vid

xRed0ctobeRx ]

There is NO way that is cheap. I am thinking at least $1000.

Yea im sure they will sell a ton. lol

NO WAY are they anywhere near that kind of quality. I'm thinking the "Eyeclops" looks about right, & they sell the pkg deal for $99.

Your probably right chilli at first I thought those NVG's were gonna be super expensive but then I looked at some online. Those NVG's are massive compared to what are on the market right now and probably heavy also. There are some NVG's on the internet that are 2 or 3 grand but they are much smaller and probably a lot lighter weight.

^^ Thats the same video..

Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling has your first look at the regular, "Hardened," and "Prestige" editions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 in this new unboxing video. What makes the uber-expensive edition so "Prestige"? Night vision goggles maybe?

Yes, night vision goggles will be included in the top tier version of the Modern Warfare 2 release. These aren't just for show. Bowling says they're "fully functioning night vision goggles," perfect for outdoor nighttime fun or just skulking around your pitch black dungeon lair tormenting your blinded prey.

Of course, the "Prestige" edition of Modern Warfare 2 features more standard stuff too, including the exclusive art book "Behind The Lines", a special Steelbook case, and a token that allows you to download the original Call of Duty from Xbox Live Arcade or the PlayStation Network. There's also a sculpted "Soap" McTavish head, for storing your night vision goggles when not in use.

The game's not out until November, but we are absolutely looking forward to Infinity Ward attempting to outdo themselves with Modern Warfare 3's premium edition. A working Abrams tank would be a nice little bonus, don't you think?

Chili-Palmer ]

^^ Thats the same video..

Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling has your first look at the regular, "Hardened," and "Prestige" editions of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 in this new unboxing video. What makes the uber-expensive edition so "Prestige"? Night vision goggles maybe?

Yes, night vision goggles will be included in the top tier version of the Modern Warfare 2 release. These aren't just for show. Bowling says they're "fully functioning night vision goggles," perfect for outdoor nighttime fun or just skulking around your pitch black dungeon lair tormenting your blinded prey.

Of course, the "Prestige" edition of Modern Warfare 2 features more standard stuff too, including the exclusive art book "Behind The Lines", a special Steelbook case, and a token that allows you to download the original Call of Duty from Xbox Live Arcade or the PlayStation Network. There's also a sculpted "Soap" McTavish head, for storing your night vision goggles when not in use.

The game's not out until November, but we are absolutely looking forward to Infinity Ward attempting to outdo themselves with Modern Warfare 3's premium edition. A working Abrams tank would be a nice little bonus, don't you think?

;D

SHANE23 ]

With their BULLSHIT support for the PS3 on COD4 I will NOT give them any extra $$$!!!!

I want to try COD4 2 BUT IF they dick around again on the PS3 side I will find Bowling(sp?), find Luisi and shove both up eachother's ASS!!!

what? i think cod4 was actually a solid online, i mean the servers depended on the internet of the host, but with a good host, it was lag free.