In CT about a week ago - Gas Prices

Guest NEO-X

Guest NEO-X

You gotta be kidding me...

IMG00300.jpg

I dont live in ct, but Im on the road as part of my job, and I'm in ct often... thankfully i dont pay for gas in my work veh. , but this shit is just wrong

For the record, i did not pump gas at this station, i was in such shock that i felt compelled to take a picture..

We cant even sell gas rite now. Our gas pumps only go to 3.99 and we have to put a $500 part in each pump to make them work. We can sell gas at 1/2 gallons but thats a pain in the ass.

Our stores around us are at $4.20 We are thinking about dropping gas and building a expansion on the store for sit down dinning.

Guest Corruptor310

Mon Jun 2, 11:11 PM ET

ILULISSAT, Greenland (AFP) - At a small petrol station dating from the 1960s in Greenland, SUVs queue to fill up with the cheapest gas in Europe, at just 3.77 kroner a litre or 50 euro cents (78 US cents).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080603/lf_afp/greenlanddenmarkoilenergyclimatewarming_080603031154

I would just like to know how this is fair?? We are getting RAPED at the pumps -- and Greenland is 78 freaking cents.

someone way smarter than me -- please -- tell me why we shouldnt execute the oil exec's in the street?

Corruptor310 ]

ILULISSAT, Greenland (AFP) - At a small petrol station dating from the 1960s in Greenland, SUVs queue to fill up with the cheapest gas in Europe, at just 3.77 kroner a litre or 50 euro cents (78 US cents).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080603/lf_afp/greenlanddenmarkoilenergyclimatewarming_080603031154

I would just like to know how this is fair?? We are getting RAPED at the pumps -- and Greenland is 78 freaking cents.

someone way smarter than me -- please -- tell me why we shouldnt execute the oil exec's in the street?

If I am reading that right it is $.78/liter and there are approx 4 liters to a gallon. so that would still be a little over $3/gallon.

We are getting raped but just remember it is NOT supply and demand OR Peak Oil. The US dollar is as weak as BigMoney's left hand (we ALL know why his right hand is stronger ;) ) and that is why we have to pay more to get the same amount of oil.

SHANE23 ]
Corruptor310 ]

If I am reading that right it is $.78/liter and there are approx 4 liters to a gallon. so that would still be a little over $3/gallon.

We are getting raped but just remember it is NOT supply and demand OR Peak Oil. The US dollar is as weak as BigMoney's left hand (we ALL know why his right hand is stronger ;) ) and that is why we have to pay more to get the same amount of oil.

I thought it was 2 liters to a quart, then 4 quarts to a gallon?

It just hit 4.20 here in oregon

SHANE23 ]
Corruptor310 ]

I'm all about equal opportunity. My left is as strong as my right. ;)

Corruptor310 ]

I think this might have a little something to do with it:Greenland - Population July 2007 estimate 56,344 I think there primary mood of transportation is are snowmobiles. Not much need for a gas.

US population - 2008 estimate 304,229,000 now double and in some case triple/quadrouple this in the amount vehicles per home not to include the recrational vehicles, farming equipment, tractor trailor drivers, etc...

We bring this on ourselves for the most part, am I happy about it F'no but we all will pay it and life will move on as we bitch about it. :-\ :'(