So, for all you cell junkies out there......

I've been asigned the task of choosing another provider for our business phones. We currently all have Nextel, and while I like the Direct Connect, only two people in my company ACTUALLY need it.

So, here's what I need in order of importance.

1) Coverage. Nextel has way too many dead spots in and around Kansas City.

2) Decent plans. As of now, my company pays for $50 a month on my cell, and I am responsible for the rest.

3) Functionality. I am the only one that cares about the bells and whistles, but Im looking, right?!

Any help will be greatly appreciated guys. (and two gals ;D)

LOL. In Wyoming we only have 3 providers available. I use Verizon, and don't have a problem with too many dead spots, even in the rural areas. However I have heard nightmare stories from people in bigger places over verizon service.

Yes, we are looking into Sprint service with a Nextel direct connect phone for two of the lines. At the same time, I think that the direct connect feature is THE LAST thing I'm concerned with.

You know me Nack, I want bells bro!! LOL I want somethin that will give me a distraction, the company needs cellular coverage.

My dad HATES the fact that my mom gets coverage all the way to Warsaw, MO (where our lake house is) and he doesn't. She's on Cingular BTW......

Bells & Whistles are in the phone not the service.. they all provide the service you just have to get the phone that does it.

So if Sprint does give you decent sevice i would use them, because you can still keep the couple of people on DC, & Sprint offers everything any other company would. (unless you're trying to get your company to go with AT&T so that you can buy an iPhone. lol)

DeAdLy-InTeNt ]

sprint has sprint music, and sprnt TV.

the music is streaming audio. different channels depending on what you like.

and sprint tv has the real channels with saved programs for each one. usually there top shows. so there is plenty to keep you distracted. ;)

All the carriers have thier own versions of that. And it's all pretty much the same shit. The only difference is sometimes bands sign exclusives with carriers. When LZ MotherLoad first dropped, Verizon had exclusive ringtones for awhile. Although I think all the carriers have those ringtones now.

We have AT&T (formerly Cingular) and are very happy with service and coverage. If you go to one of their stores, they will have a map that shows coverage areas, so you could check out your area and make sure the coverage there is solid. I hardly ever get into my minutes because literally almost everyone we know has Cingular and so the minutes are considered Mobile-to-Mobile and that is unlimited. I have about 2000 rollover minutes in my account right now! LOL

For the first time, I PAID FOR a phone this last go around because I wanted something more than just a phone. (I usually get whatever is free when it's time to upgrade.) I love the phone I have! And right now they are offering it MUCH, MUCH cheaper for new sign ups than what I paid. It's the Walkman 1080i. I wanted a slider with an MP3 player (and I don't text, ever!) and so I researched and researched, narrowed it down to this one and the LG Shine and decided on this one. So far, so good! I really like the phone and I get lots of "ooooohhhh, what kind of phone is that? That is a nice phone!" It's certainly not the most expensive or top of the line phone, but it sure beats what I had and it doesn't have all the extra junk that I don't need like the Blackberrys or IPhone.

Good luck choosing! And just remember, you usually have 30 days to try out most cell phone service providers before being locked in.

HippieChik ]

We have AT&T (formerly Cingular) and are very happy with service and coverage. If you go to one of their stores, they will have a map that shows coverage areas, so you could check out your area and make sure the coverage there is solid. I hardly ever get into my minutes because literally almost everyone we know has Cingular and so the minutes are considered Mobile-to-Mobile and that is unlimited. I have about 2000 rollover minutes in my account right now! LOL

For the first time, I PAID FOR a phone this last go around because I wanted something more than just a phone. (I usually get whatever is free when it's time to upgrade.) I love the phone I have! And right now they are offering it MUCH, MUCH cheaper for new sign ups than what I paid. It's the Walkman 1080i. I wanted a slider with an MP3 player (and I don't text, ever!) and so I researched and researched, narrowed it down to this one and the LG Shine and decided on this one. So far, so good! I really like the phone and I get lots of "ooooohhhh, what kind of phone is that? That is a nice phone!" It's certainly not the most expensive or top of the line phone, but it sure beats what I had and it doesn't have all the extra junk that I don't need like the Blackberrys or IPhone.

Good luck choosing! And just remember, you usually have 30 days to try out most cell phone service providers before being locked in.

Mrs Hippie, that is EXACTLY what I am looking for. I have called Verizon and gotten their plan break downs, and now I'm callin AT&T. Mainly becuase I am curious if they DO have business plans, then does the roll over minutes still apply.