Anyone get this I haven't got it yet but a clan member in the ATL has. Anyone know if theres anything good in it?

O.k. so I got sick of trying to download it threw the ps3 so i downloaded it from the playstation site and said ill do it manually....

Here's the link to the forums.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3updates&thread.id=85

That's where the direct download is screw waiting it's only a 130mb download....

Guest NEO-X
CDBS14 ]

reason one of my members couldnt re-join a war tonight his ps3 froze he restarted and boom' date=' new update.

[/quote']

LMAO

To quote family guy..

"You've just been kicked in the balls"

Neo_Unit001 ]

So I got scared thinking my ps3 was gonna die again but it's not just me that can't finish the update it's a lot of people saying its slow and that its stopping after a bit. Anyone else?

Going on 2 hours now and I'm only 37% completed.

I'm going to go to sleep and let it go overnight if it's going to take this friggin' long.

Chaka ]

i keep getting : An error has occured.You have been signed out of PLAYSTATION Network.

(80710092)

ahh you got to restart your router, i get that all the time it is when the ps3 loses connection to the router. also what exactly does this update do, takes for ever to download and doesn't even say what it is for.

CDBS14 ]
Chaka ]

i keep getting : An error has occured.You have been signed out of PLAYSTATION Network.

(80710092)

ahh you got to restart your router' date=' i get that all the time it is when the ps3 loses connection to the router. also what exactly does this update do, takes for ever to download and doesn't even say what it is for.

[/quote']

Yes, looks like that was my problem.

Thank you for the tip.

luchesco ]
CDBS14 ]

ahh you got to restart your router' date=' i get that all the time it is when the ps3 loses connection to the router. also what exactly does this update do, takes for ever to download and doesn't even say what it is for.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/29/firmware-update-2-42-now-available/

ahh thanks, also i suggest clicking on that hyper link with the pslife thing that has been crossed out, its a really cool idea from sony, i didn't even know it was coming out.

Damn it. I started the download last night then flipped over to watch TV. When I flipped back over my PS3 had restarted. I thought it was done. Now I'm reading there's a chance it may not be done yet. Damn.

Where does it tell me what version I have? And did any of you notice the warning that popped up about shutting your PS3 down while downloading and the option box for shutting down the PS3 after the download? I didn't notice either of those on the last download.

Neo_Unit001 ]

Its just to improve going from game to game with xmb its just them trying to smooth everything out. It works better if you download straight from the pc.

Yeah well, that isn't what I should have to do. Sony is notorious for releasing FLAWED updates. Maybe if someone pulled their damn head out, we wouldn't have these problems every other time the assclowns release new content. >:( >:(