American Fatass

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be down with this, but I woldn't be able to keep up. I started working out again this spring, I've already lost 25lbs, so the weight is coming off very slowly now. I'd like to drop another 20 to get back down to my old competition weight.

CDBS14 ]

Yo CD.. just get a lot of sleep' date=' drink water and do sit ups before bed. and don't eat a lot of sugar.

[/quote']

see drinking water is part of it, all water does is provide fuel to your organs and help move and use the fat faster, in reality you need other things to get rid of fat, such as carbohydrates, which are sugars. being low on sugar isn't always the good thing, low carb diets are really for people that want to lose 3 or 4 pounds.

Do some research CDBS, your information is incorrect on multiple levels man.

I apologize to those who I haven't been able to help with weight lose goals...you know who you are, but as I've said and is seen by my inactivity not only here but on my own clans forums and missing out on both the Hallowed Ground and UF meet ups this summer, I'm so damn busy I hardly have time to wipe my own ass anymore! ha jk But I offer my advice, help, tips, and knowledge to help those who wish for it when I can. More as a general assistance thing rather than 1 on 1 as those who've already come to me for 1 on 1 know I just can't make that kind of commitment right now.

I won't be participating in the "UF Fit-Club" though, lol

Malu

Please post or pm me a weight if you want to keep it private so I can update the first page.

D75

Please check your PM's

So far we only have 4 of us to start. Dominion, MaluNYmets, ShadowofaSolja and Prane.

All 4 of us have been added to Page 1 so Good Luck to all and let the Exercise Begin!!!!!

The chart is really half assed. I will work on trying to make on in Excel sometime soon, possibly by the end of the week.

Hellraiser ]
willywonka159 ]

5'8" or 5'9"

120lbs.

;D

Skinny ass

5'8 130

skinny ass

5'9 140

K, why don't you barbie dolls start your own thread? LOL

Im currently working out and walking nightly to try and improve on my current size. I won't throw my hat in the ring, because......well Im afraid of failure. I do however feel your pain, and while my diet isnt my first, I am trying my damnest to stick it this time.

Minion= 5'11" 250lbs.

I am going to have to agree with Minion on this one.

I am very serious about this weight loss for myself and anyone else that is willing to attempt it with me. If all your going to do is post useless video links and your "skinny" stats than please go elsewhere and let us converse in peace.

Minion

The only failure you could have is not trying. If your already dieting and trying to shed some pounds then you've already won. If you change your mind you know where to find us.

5'8 205, down from 228. Forgot to post that.

I kinda been cheating and have been taking stacker 2 on workout days. 3 days a week, loads of water, no soda(well mixed drinks don't count ;D). Stopped drinking guiness for a bit and switched to light beer. Mostly I cut out the snacking during work hours. Oh, and I've found it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you excercise PORTION CONTROL. I will say it's hard to only eat one cheeseburger when we cook on the grill. Oh and i have been eating a shitload of fish. I think I've grown gills. I feel yous guys pain. The clincher for me was, I was not going to buy a new wardrobe, when I had lots of stuff I have barely worn, but couldn't fit into. So far so good, but damn it's coming off slowly now.

Nack,

That has been a problem for me as well. Not so much clothes that I haven't worn that I don't fit into but more like clothes that I used to wear comfortably that don't fit at all anymore.

Are you joining the group here Nack or just stating what you already lost? This doesn't have to be a race for everyone. I personally perform better when going against others. If you want to throw your hat into the ring be my guest. The more people in it, the more support there is for all of us.

I'll throw my hat in..

Chili-Palmer ]

5' 8" 195/205 depending on the day.

I'm going to run in this Nike 10k.. it is open to people all over the country.!

http://nikeplus.nike.com/nikeplus/humanrace/index.jsp

I'm not that big of a guy, but i could certainly stand to lose a few..

I just weighed in this morning at 200.

i'm gonna shoot for 185.

Is anyone interested in this run..? (its nationwide.!)

http://nikeplus.nike.com/nikeplus/humanrace/index.jsp

Cheers to you guys that are trying to do something about a problem instead of talking about it. Good luck to all who participate. Maybe Tow will make a bracket?

U.S makes WHO’s short list of Worlds Most Obese Countries

Being named one of the World Health Organization ten most obese countries has got to bruise the national ego. What is more, of the 10 countries to gain this robust reputation only 2, Kuwait and the United States are non-Pacific Island nations. According to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention there has been a dramatic increase in the rate of obesity in the United States over the past 20 years. So much so that in 2006 only four states had an obesity prevalence of less than 20%. It seems that being obese is about as American as apple pie.

So, why are so many Americans obese? When we compare American statistics to Canadian statistics, Canadian obesity while also on the rise has not reached the epic proportions found in the United States. Canada is currently ranked 35th on WHO’s list. Pretty dismal considering most of Canada is covered in ice and snow for 6 months of the year! Is the cause genetic, social, environmental, socio-economic or cultural? WHO points to the shift in diet towards energy dense foods high in fat and sugars but low in micro nutrients, an overall decrease in physical activity due to sedentary forms of work, reliable transportation and urbanization as causes of obesity.

WHO estimates that there are currently 1.6 billion overweight adults in the world, a number that is projected to increase by another 40% within 10 years. The population of the United States is 301,139,947 (estimated in July 2007) and 74.1% of American’s are overweight or obese. This means that approximately 223,144,701 people in America are facing very serious obesity related health consequences such as heart attack, stroke, diabetes and hypertension.

In general the classification of “overweight†and “obese†are based on individual Body Mass Index or BMI. Body Mass Index is the most widely used tool to determine healthy body weight. BMI measures your weight relative to your height and provides you with a numeric measurement. People are considered overweight if they have a BMI equal or greater than 25, while the term obese applies to people with a BMI of 30 or more.

Just in case you were curious here is a list of the 10 most obese countries and some links to other related articles.

Country % of population considered

overweight or obese Description

1. Nauru 94.5% A small island in the Pacific

2. Micronesia 91.1% A small island nation between Hawaii and Indonesia

3. The Cook Islands 90.9% Of a population of approximately 14,000, roughly 13,000 are obese

4. Tonga 90.8% Tongans are genetically predisposed to gaining weight

5. Niue 81.7% Another remote South Pacific Island. Here obesity is seen as a sign of wealth

6. Samoa 80.4% Biological anthropologists believe that Samoans genetics favour calorie storage as fat tissue. This type of trait is prevalent in communities that have historically experienced food shortages

7. Palau 91.1% Another island. Obesity here is attributed to lack of availability of fresh fruits and vegetables

8. Kuwait 74.2% One of only 2 countries not in located in the South Pacific. Kuwait has the highest number of overweight people of all Arab nations. Cardiovascular disease is a leading cause of death

9. United States of America 74.1% It is estimated that 237 million Americans are currently overweight

10. Kiribati 73.6% A cluster of 33 islands in the South Pacific with few natural resources. Kiribati’s problem with obesity can be rooted back to their reliance on high fat imports and little availability of fruits and vegetables

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just in case you were curious here is a list of the 10 most obese countries and some links to other related articles.

Country % of population considered

overweight or obese Description

1. Nauru 94.5% A small island in the Pacific

2. Micronesia 91.1% A small island nation between Hawaii and Indonesia

3. The Cook Islands 90.9% Of a population of approximately 14,000, roughly 13,000 are obese

4. Tonga 90.8% Tongans are genetically predisposed to gaining weight

5. Niue 81.7% Another remote South Pacific Island. Here obesity is seen as a sign of wealth

6. Samoa 80.4% Biological anthropologists believe that Samoans genetics favour calorie storage as fat tissue. This type of trait is prevalent in communities that have historically experienced food shortages

7. Palau 91.1% Another island. Obesity here is attributed to lack of availability of fresh fruits and vegetables

8. Kuwait 74.2% One of only 2 countries not in located in the South Pacific. Kuwait has the highest number of overweight people of all Arab nations. Cardiovascular disease is a leading cause of death

9. United States of America 74.1% It is estimated that 237 million Americans are currently overweight

10. Kiribati 73.6% A cluster of 33 islands in the South Pacific with few natural resources. Kiribatis problem with obesity can be rooted back to their reliance on high fat imports and little availability of fruits and vegetables

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great.. i have 6.25% Pacific Islander in me.!! (#2 Micronesia to exact.)

Wow i just did some research.. (pretty much all euro, but what a mutt i am. lol)

Mom

87.5% German

12.5% Pacific Island

Dad

37.5% Irish

37.5 Neitherlands (Sweden Finland Holland)

25% Euro (English/British/Scotish)

- Divide all of that in half to get my personal %'s

Well the last year or so I have gotten a tad lazy (don't work out as much) and packed on a few up to 215 as recently as May. I usually lose a lot of weight during the summer months and I'm down to 205. I'd like to be at a healthy 185 though, so I'll set my bar for 20 pounds.

Well the last year or so I have gotten a tad lazy (don't work out as much) and packed on a few up to 215 as recently as May. I usually lose a lot of weight during the summer months and I'm down to 205. I'd like to be at a healthy 185 though, so I'll set my bar for 20 pounds.

Your added to Page 1 and thanks for joining!