YOUR EXPECTATIONS FOR SOCOM'S RELEASE

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jeepers i would buy it just cause its socom and im 100% sure it wont have the problems we are experiencing on the beta. the beta is on a completely different development stage then the actual game is, and really cant be used as a gage as to how bad the game will actually be. but then again i guess i can be so light hearted cause i get my copy freeXD thanks to urgent fury!11!!!1!

*very slow motion and over exaggerated high-five with urgent fury, ending with a closeup of my face with a big smile* just like the movies.

I actually played the beta for the first time today over a friends house! SAD

I'm going to up date you guys a little about my gaming.

I got hooked on socom during socom 2! About 2 months after the release date was when I got socom 2.

Anyhow I have not played 1 game other then socom since socom 2. Gods honest thruth! So since socom 2 I have never rented, borrowed our bought another game! Before socom all I played was none stop sports games! I just been so addicted to Socom. The clan they played cod4, gta etc. NOT ME. I still play socom CA!

But after playing the new socom which I will get! But looks like my socom days are numbered! Chilidawg, thru AIM convo's has actually got me pump up for XBOX which I think I'm getting in the next few days.

Is there anyone out there besides me who had so much faith in socom to which you looked past other games and consoles? I'm starting to wonder what is out there that I've been missing. Or am i missing nothing?

socom will be good my friends... Very good... Although my expectations are only set for it to be as good as previous socoms (in fun and game play) and better than whats out now for shooters... So I estimate I will be very happy... Will it be some meca end all be all shooter... Maybe, maybe not-

Zipper is working on that one for next year ;)

I imagine the beta served its purpose. We endured it and most everybody complained all the way. IT was a beta which they never really claimed different. I am confident the game will come out and we will see a shiny new toy that will be fun for everyone.

We will continue to be addicted to it and they will continue to have their claws into us giving us just enough to keep us coming back for more. Can't imagine it any other way.

* This, from an admitted socom fan boy* LOL ;)

I never thought I'd say this but I will be waiting and reading to see if this game is going to be good or not. After many disappointing nights with the beta and pre-ordering the game... I've decided to NOT buy this game on game day. Socom 3 beta, Warhawk beta and some other betas I've been in on have not even come close to the nonsense with this beta. I have zero confidence that the actual game will be any better or different.

I'm 41 years old and have limited time in my life for, "gaming"... and when it takes you 45 minutes to get on, find your friends, join a game, dwl patches, get booted, rejoin a game and FINALLY get in a game... 2 or 3 hours have past. LOL Gone are the days where you could jump on and ACTUALLY play for those 2 or 3 hours which always worked out to more cause you were actually having fun and actually PLAYING the game! No, I'll wait this time. I'm not giving zip/slant one more fucking dime or time of my life till I know what it's going to be. Like I said, I'll be waiting and reading what certain ppl think of this game before investing anything more from me.

COWonCRACK ]

jeepers i would buy it just cause its socom and im 100% sure it wont have the problems we are experiencing on the beta. the beta is on a completely different development stage then the actual game is, and really cant be used as a gage as to how bad the game will actually be. but then again i guess i can be so light hearted cause i get my copy freeXD thanks to urgent fury!11!!!1!

*very slow motion and over exaggerated high-five with urgent fury, ending with a closeup of my face with a big smile* just like the movies.

It is a different version but it is not far from release. It is not like we are playing a 2 year old revision, what would be the point in testing the servers with a VERY old revision? You would want to be able to test with the latest version you can.

Will the beta and release be the same? NO but it is not going to be night and day either.

SHANE23 ]
COWonCRACK ]

It is a different version but it is not far from release. It is not like we are playing a 2 year old revision, what would be the point in testing the servers with a VERY old revision? You would want to be able to test with the latest version you can.

Will the beta and release be the same? NO but it is not going to be night and day either.

ExActly... I'm not buying this argument at all. I'm a web designer since 2000 and I know when I build a site for an individual or a company and test it out before going live that it's pretty much the same site! LOL That's the point... test how everything lays out, operates.. etc. That's the whole point of a testing.

There haven't been very many games that have worked properly on release, so I won't be expecting socom to break the mold. Will I be buying it... of course. Do I expect the release to be issue free... HELL NO lol. In the end, they'll get it playable again and everyone will get their socrack fix. Name me a game that has worked issue free on release...

Alas, the last 3 patches made the game worse rather than better.

I am worried.

About half of the players in my clan canceled their preorder.

I love SOCOM, but, clearly, Slant 6 was not ready to continue what Zipper had started.

So, I will still buy the game on release day, but I see no reason whatsoever to be optimistic at this time.

I am very excited.. infact i laugh at all of the "cool guys" who canceled there pre orders.. cuz they gonna go back and buy it post release. I am almost positive this is why most games dont have an OPEN beta.. too many people w/ too many opinions.. not that people are not entitled to opinions.. but seriously.. how many times do i have to read the same complaints from the same people. I am not pointing the finger here at anyone, i am referring to all the people posting on Socom.com's blog.. copying and pasting D-PAD LEAN 540 times will not help get their attention.. and if it does its not the attention that the player had hoped for.. What would be funny is if they were checking IPs and causing probs for those IPs while they played...lol far fetched but i would laugh my ass off. I will be on w/ ALL of my 503 guys next week as long as the game hits shelves..

hope to shoot w/ you guys soon.

I must say, I am the most devoted person regarding allegience to a certain game or gametype. We all have been there and spent much money to the point where we don't even consider the $60.00 that we pay for these games. I find myself just buying the game as-if I was a sleeper ~ 'game comes out, and I just drop everything and go buy it'.

If we were to boycott and 'not buy these problematic games'...they would fix issues in a heartbeat! We have such capability, but we have not used it as yet (OVER 117 million online gamers? Yea, they'd fix issues, if we ever boycotted...for even just one day! BTW: 64% of all Online gamers...are Women! REFERENCE: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154239)

'This time', I'm not going to be a sleeper. I will wait until one of you guys gives us the 'OK!', THEN...I'll buy.

I just cannot get 'past' the way these developers think, the 'wheel has already been created', why can't we just 'fix the flat' instead of trying to always 're-invent' it? We can send Satellites into space for 'years', to take pictures over 93 million miles away and send them back here, we can know 'who in the entire world' says 'KILL the PRESIDENT' on their cell phones and be at their house in less than 3 minutes..why can't we fix 'hit detection and lagg'?

CritiKiL ]

I must say, I am the most devoted person regarding allegience to a certain game or gametype. We all have been there and spent much money to the point where we don't even consider the $60.00 that we pay for these games. I find myself just buying the game as-if I was a sleeper ~ 'game comes out, and I just drop everything and go buy it'.

If we were to boycott and 'not buy these problematic games'...they would fix issues in a heartbeat! We have such capability, but we have not used it as yet (OVER 117 million online gamers? Yea, they'd fix issues, if we ever boycotted...for even just one day! BTW: 64% of all Online gamers...are Women! REFERENCE: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154239)

'This time', I'm not going to be a sleeper. I will wait until one of you guys gives us the 'OK!', THEN...I'll buy.

I just cannot get 'past' the way these developers think, the 'wheel has already been created', why can't we just 'fix the flat' instead of trying to always 're-invent' it? We can send Satellites into space for 'years', to take pictures over 93 million miles away and send them back here, we can know 'who in the entire world' says 'KILL the PRESIDENT' on their cell phones and be at their house in less than 3 minutes..why can't we fix 'hit detection and lagg'?

Do the patches and the desire that Slant 6 is showing to succeed not persuade you to buy it? even if it is buggy the first few days... i cant imagine that they will stop patching and trying to improve the game. Me personally i will be picking up my already paid for copy on Tues.. assuming it will be in stock. I will make sure to post any goods or bads for those waiting for the reports.

I dont remember where but I do remember it. I read a post on some blog that explains into some detail how beta testing works and why repercussions happen. I think if anyone on here TRUELY understood the actual science to a beta test then they wouldnt have the same opinions they do. They are using the beta as a TEST sheet for Specific parts of code they need. Kinda like you test paint on a certain wall before you paint the actual wall. They dont test the whole code for what they are changing,... lets say they tried to change the scoreboard to transparent, on the beta they only tested the code that controlled the scoreboard itself, they didnt bring the REST of the code that controlled what was to be input onto the scoreboard... see what I mean? The WONT implement a partial code in the game, thats why they have the beta... THEY HAVE ALL THE BETA problems because they are tryin to cater to SO MANY REQUESTS for things to be changed.

The game will BE EXELLENT and i can pretty much guarantee it will be at least playable on release day.

inadub ]

I am very excited.. infact i laugh at all of the "cool guys" who canceled there pre orders.. cuz they gonna go back and buy it post release. I am almost positive this is why most games dont have an OPEN beta.. too many people w/ too many opinions.. not that people are not entitled to opinions.. but seriously.. how many times do i have to read the same complaints from the same people. I am not pointing the finger here at anyone, i am referring to all the people posting on Socom.com's blog.. copying and pasting D-PAD LEAN 540 times will not help get their attention.. and if it does its not the attention that the player had hoped for.. What would be funny is if they were checking IPs and causing probs for those IPs while they played...lol far fetched but i would laugh my ass off. I will be on w/ ALL of my 503 guys next week as long as the game hits shelves..

hope to shoot w/ you guys soon.

Opinion has nothing to do with it. As of now 90% or MORE cannot play this game for more then 1/2 hour without freezing, disconnects, join errors and so on! That has nothing to do with opinion that is poor development.

I could care less about the options I want the dam game to play! If it doesn't play options don't matter.

I do know about BETA testing. It tests only a certain part of code. However, it is a reflection of the overall performance of 'gameplay' that this BETA is for. Hence, the gameplay that we are experiencing in the BETA, directly reflects how the game 'itself' will function. So, unless they fix these issues on or before the release...you are looking at what the 'game performance' will be like.

Not to mention that this is the 'SECOND BETA TEST' of this game! It makes me wonder what kinds of problems/issues they had with the 'FIRST ONE', being that the second has soo many. I bet you not any of you were able to 'even play' that BETA after the 3rd 1.6 patch! I tried all day long, and only just this morning realized that 'no one' was able to get on it! That does not say anything good or convincing about the final product.

NO, I will most likely NOT pickup my Preorder for a few days. If any of those who 'did' get theirs, reports issues, then I will have them put my money onto another game or something else. And if I do play get it and play it, I am going to be pretty pissed if I still see the 'X-Connection' every few minutes, and especially when I'm in a gunfight...but my man freezes for 3 seconds, because of that 'X-Connection' issue.

CritiKiL ]

I do know about BETA testing. It tests only a certain part of code. However, it is a reflection of the overall performance of 'gameplay' that this BETA is for. Hence, the gameplay that we are experiencing in the BETA, directly reflects how the game 'itself' will function. So, unless they fix these issues on or before the release...you are looking at what the 'game performance' will be like.

Not to mention that this is the 'SECOND BETA TEST' of this game! It makes me wonder what kinds of problems/issues they had with the 'FIRST ONE', being that the second has soo many. I bet you not any of you were able to 'even play' that BETA after the 3rd 1.6 patch! I tried all day long, and only just this morning realized that 'no one' was able to get on it! That does not say anything good or convincing about the final product.

That is actually 100% incorrect. That was the entire point of my previous post, The ONLY THING simliar between Beta and GAME are the actual gameplay experience. Not connection issues, not code issues.

Well the whole crux of this game is it's online!!! LOL So if they can't fix the lag and whatnot... well, that'd be pretty silly, right? LOL This better run as smooth as WarHawk or I won't be buying it. Period. I think them having this public beta could backfire if the game is not up to snuff. It looks like quite a few ppl will be watching and waiting for reviews first. WarHawk is the bar now. Plain and simple.

My opinion of Socom is that although i think it will be better on release than this horrible beta, i dont even own a PS3, & will not buy one until i KNOW that Socom is worth it.

Socom will be the only game i would own on PS3.. (most multi-platform games are better across the street ;)) PS3 will be my Blu-Ray player with Socom. ;D

Sgt.JoeFriday ]

This whole Beta debaucal plays into Chili's evil plan. ;)

My evil plan.. lol (its just being open minded to American made products) ;):P

About half of the players in my clan canceled their preorder.

And that clan would be..? (add clan tag to your name plz)