Taunting??

Just wanted to post another quick question in order to gauge the communities thoughts. We were playing in a demo medley today and we were doing pretty well in Fallen. There were two rounds where we had a lot of people left after we planted and finished off the enemy (7 one round, 5 another). We decided to all huddle on top of the satchel and blow ourselves to pieces. It was actually quite funny watching the dead bodies fly around and the amount of team kills pop up on the screen (all for the planter lol). After the second time we did this we started wondering if it could be considered taunting. Our intentions were just to humor ourselves but we werent sure if it was offensive. We asked the opponents in the lobby and they thought it was funny.

I wanted to ask you guys because I would like to gauge the communities thoughts so I can understand where this would fall in league etiquette. What are your thoughts? Offensive or just plain funny? Do numbers matter (say 1 guy did it as opposed to 7)?

I think if its taunting in a disrespectful way like doing it over and over and over again, I think its def messed up but if its just for fun I don't see any harm in it. We were in a raven room and we were taunted once or twice. Didn't even think twice about it. It could be an accident when pressing buttons or a friendly joke, no big deal.

I don't know how a team suicide constitutes taunting. Go with that logic and then someone's going to say that if a team planted the bomb and killed the last defender and then one guy shot one of his teammates while they wait for an exlosion, then that might be taunting as well...?

If a team wants to mass kill themselves I see nothing wrong with that. Goes on their Socom stats, not yours.

Guest SuddenRedScare

I'm fine with friendly player taunts, friendly shit talking between clans, end of the round suicides, and everything in between. The only thing I would have a problem with is the "tea bagging" and "ass humping." That just crosses the line of respect in my book... unless you're playing little kids on Halo. In that situation, tea bagging is almost necessary.

Team suicides around the satchel is similar to endzone celebrations in football. Anyone that agrees with the NFL about endzone celebrations deserving penalties probably feel that this should be considered taunting.

I for one have gotten some pretty high marks for my gainer with a one and a half. My man Willie still has the record for distance I think, and it's fun as hell to see if you can make it outside the walls in Kasbah.

i dont see the taunting issue here either...

i like to dance on peple i know time to time..if i know it wont cross the line..and i dont mine if a person dances on me ......now you can talk shit when you kill some one that is what i dont like when someone kills me and then start swearing and talking all this shit...but if you know me feel free to talk shit and dance on me in good fun and games...

when we are in the black wars we dont talk shit ,dance ,shooot dead boddies,,just like the rules state it is frowned upon :(

Bandit99 ]

In a UF sanctioned event, that would in my opinion fall under taunting. There is no need to do that except to say, look at us we planted the bomb and are going to kill ourselves and you cannot do a thing about it.

You're thinking wayyy to much if you think that abstractly into this. Calm down Plato!

I know a few of my friends love to kill ourself on the bombs sometimes. Especially when it's someone I know that plant it, running into the bomb screaming some obscene things, or singing makes it even more hilarious.

i think this actually creates good laughs, for example when we played oNe some of their guys stayed too close to the bomb and well it was funny seeing the bodies fly. It all depends as to how well you know that clan? yours and your guys sense of humor? And well dying like that isnt that bad, now if they decided to go around mocking the dead bodies, like dancing, TBAGGING, and cursing above them, then yes that is taunting.