whats ur problem with socom?

ok, so, i keep seeing people complain about socom on random threads but there never very specific except for TOW. and overall i cant see what the complaints are about. socom is amazing. yes there are issues with the server, but i dont freeze like i used, or lag (i dont have an amazing connection and i rarely lag, and if i do its only in a ranked room and its rare enough and can live with it. ) like i used to , and the load time for maps is almost equal to that of s1,2,or3, if not the same. i mean shit, look at what the game got right. the sound is groundbreaking and same with the mics. the graphics are awsome and arent cartoonish like COD, and the overall gameplay is great. Ive never had a problem with hit detection, it just takes a few more hits to kill someone at long distance with a silencer, almost 5 shots because at that distance head shots are rare and your wearing light body armor.

so thats my opinion/story... whats urs?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem is the amount of maps it came out with. I think they could have done better with that. Also I don't like nades now. It just seems to me that you can land one right on top of someone and they some how still live. Maybe I don't use them enough but that is really the only thing that pisses me off.

Otherwise I think the game is great. Every once in awhile you see a little lag and stuff like that but that seems to be in most games.

More maps (really 4 new maps and no offline content? lol really?), the siaxis being used- Its about as useful as as a sharp stick in the eye, clunky controls Throwing a grenade should be much more seemless, why cant my clan just click on my name and join the game again?, Why are all the rooms out of wack and not in order again?, oh and please re-afirm why I cant play ranked in a player room again?- Because I am not buying that you cant rank up in the pre-made rooms.

But other than that its great- Me and my clan play nightly.

1. I hate the fact that the quick button's suck

2. I am already tired of these same lame maps

3. I always frezze right when I get into a gun fight

4. Why when I look at my clan roster it say's ALL my players are online? I hate that!

5. Why can't I join rooms with my friends from my friends list or clan list? I hate that and if they allow me to join games from the clan list or I am able to see where my players are that would free up atleast 35 people on my PSN friends list!

Should I continue or is this enough? >:(

COD - Cartoonish? LOL

Anyways. People flying across the map, spinning in circles, getting booted constantly, lag in general, peoples connections helping them be better players I got to say that is the biggest complaint I have. I've played with the SAME players i play on socom on other games and they aren't nearly as "talented" on those games and one shot kills them. I just don't understand when I get on socom i shoot them in the back they spin around after a whole clip is in the back and shoot me in the head! I know they have bad connections cuz they tell me. Just so sick of it at times.

Like Junk said. Can't follow from friendslist, my XMB is maxed because of it, locking up in fights.

For starters, SS released an UNFINISHED game! And it p.o.'s me that a company can sell a defective product and get away with it.

This game is NOT Socom. It is some other piece of junk shooter that they slapped the Socom name on.

They took everything that worked in past Socoms, threw it out the door, and patched together what we have come to know as Socom Confrontation.

- D-pad lean ... gone!

- Tie-breaker round ... gone!

- Ability to find friends/clan in games and follow ... gone!

- Grenades that worked ... gone!

- Ability to run without pressing a Run button ... gone! (What's the point of L3? This should be a pressure thing. The more pressure or the harder you press up, the faster the character walks/runs.)

- Scoreboard that worked just fine ... gone! (Many problems with the current scoreboard. Other than the obvious, it's not transparent and you can't move while it's on the screen ... how do you know who has the bomb or hostages? Is it there and I just don't know the secret?)

- Smaller, more intimate maps like (S1 & 2) ... gone! (What they should have done is keep the maps small with the ability to enter buildings, etc. thus giving more places to hide, etc. instead of making gigantic maps without vehicles.)

- Lobby text chat ... gone!

- Orderly server list ... gone!

- $60 for a game that should function properly ... gone!

- Only 4 new maps!!! What is this?

- The fact that my guys head blocks the crosshairs when I am in a tight spot ... stupid!

I just don't see what is so great about this game. I guess I had higher expectations and had I expected a sub-par game, I wouldn't be so disappointed. And again, I don't understand why you would change things about a game that weren't "broken" to begin with.

I'm disappointed, but I have hopes that SS is realizing what a disasterous mistake they have made and are trying to rectify the situation.

At least 75% of the things everyone listed here are being updated in the next patch.

-Fixing grenades

-Fixing the scoreboard so it is transparent and you can move

-Dive to prone

-D-Pad Lean

-The ability to enter a friends room at the click of a button (not the next patch, but a later one)

-Fixing server chronology

Other features are not going to kills us if we don't have. Lobby chat is not that important.

And they are going to release some downloadable content. This isn't Zipper. They have been more available to the community in these months then Zipper had been in it's 5+ years.

SOCOM is a great game, and oh COD 4 is cartoonish. You can't tell me it's not. The colors are so vibrant in that game, and the lighting is poor.

Team Switch should be an option in custom made rooms. As far as ranked public rooms, I think it's fair. I hated joining a Demo Medley in S3 and everyone was always on Terrorists because they had an advantage. It makes it completely fair.

But, team switch should be an option to turn off for rooms that are made for wars and stuff.

cod has a slight cartoonish look to it, and about the lag, you guys gotta play in the huge 16v16 ranked rooms alot. I rarely see serious lag. and the grenades when you think about it keep the game from becoming a nade fest. back in s3 the grenades rarely took any skill, seriously people would just nade spam at the begining of each round they were rarely used for anything skillful. but now grenades arent always effective, yes if it hits someone directly they should probably die and most of the time they do, but of course they dont always and we hear about stuff like that in real life, its perfectly possible for all the shrapnel to miss the body. plus the use of flashbangs and working smoke make grenades not as usefull. i love how its set up. and the d-pad will be back. i miss that shit too. tiebreaker round is a minor annoyance. does it really put you off that much? shouldnt it just make u work that much harder for a win other then camp back and take a draw?

"- Ability to run without pressing a Run button ... gone! (What's the point of L3? This should be a pressure thing. The more pressure or the harder you press up, the faster the character walks/runs.)"-well that would be annoying because if we would have to be really sensitive to that damn stick because we might get suprised or something and push it to the max like we are used to and start running. and you cant shoot when ur sprinting.

and for everyones knowledge if you go to the options tab in the main menu you can edit your own control scheme. its not completely yours to edit but you can still change it up pretty well. so if you dont like that damn run button or your quick switch where it is you can change that.

lol and can u not live without lobby text chat? :o

and yes i can agree most of it was dissapointing but damn, its the best game out there still with all these slight issues. shit all that matters is we can join a game and play without getting booted. remember how bad the beta was? the nights were we couldnt even play? all that is gone. i expierence almost no lag except in larger rooms, but i avoid those as often as possible cause theres just no teamwork.

and the only time i ever saw someone unkillable was during the beta. i havent seen any1 teleport or anything crazy like that yet.

I started playing Socom on S2. All the games have been awesome except Confrontation. Its just not what it used to be. Since day one it came out, its been nothing but server problems for me. Problems that I just don't experience with any other games.

As for CoD being too cartoonish? Well, its a game. What do you expect. You want realistic? Enroll in the military, pick up a gun and go to Iraq. Then you can experience all the natural lighting the desert has to offer.

- Zipper didn't need to make themselves available because they put out a great game, that was TRUELY the best game out at the time and they were busy coming out with patches then get our hopes and dreams destroyed with all this feedback and nothing ever done about it.

screw grenades, ever since S1 the first minute of maps were just people raining nades hoping to get kills. need to quit actin like socom has been a flawless game up until now. when we were playin s1 and s2 (pretty much my whole clan stopped playin when combined assault came out) i guarantee that there were equal complaints to these about those games. its the community that keeps us playing not the game.at least now they're doing patches to the game to make it better.

as far as staying on topic, SR-25 because lack of a silenced sniper as seals sucks.

Oh I forgot to mention PMN mines - WTF why did they take them away? Why do you take away things in a game that worked fine? I mean did anyone have any problems with the other socom features other then lag? Like come on are these guys at slant six morons or what? Anyone with a half a brain would use their common sense not to take things away from a game that DID VERY WELL. I am talking about everything they took away. I mean if they took away features of COD 4 modern warfare and didn't put it in COD modern warefare 2 wtf? They didn't even add things to make the game better! Online only game and they can't make it right? Thats all they have been doing for 2-3 years now. WTF. I miss Zipper.

I still enjoy playing with my clan and friends on socom but nothing like before. I remember when I use to run back home from work or college and couldn't wait to jump on socom and just play, doesn't matter with who just play the game! Now at times I DREAD putting that disk in my ps3 when that other game covers or disks are right next to it calling out COD, Halo 3, Gears of War 2... lol. I feel like crap, I feel like I am constantly cheating on socom.

Server issues:

Mics not working properly

Excessive lag some nights

Freezing up in game when checking your XMB

SR-25 needs to be back.

Ability to follow clanmates and friends.

Team Switch

Not enough maps

All minor stuff for me. As far as the nades, I'm pissed that they are making them stronger. I wholeheartedly agree with the guys that said ALL the old socoms were random grenade fests. FF was completely unplayable with grenades on before. I still hate that map, but I'll play it now.

PMN's, good fucking riddance. No more assclowns running around the map dropping pmns everywhere. No more free kills for doing jack shit.

I also don't see why everyone says the maps are too big. I think they are all about perfect in size. No more bullshit of running clear across the map and diffusing the bomb with time to spare.

I love this game. This "piss poor" edition of Socom is better than 99% of all the other online games out there. I'm sure a big part of that for me is the community and the tactical aspect of it. I'd still rather play it over anything else online.

Matty2D ]

At least 75% of the things everyone listed here are being updated in the next patch.

The point you are missing here is why is it taking a patch to fix things that weren't broken in the other Socoms? These things should have been a part of the game to begin with, especially when ppl have been telling SS all along what was good about older Socoms. They did not listen to the people who made Socom what it is.

And, lobby text chat can be very useful, so yeah, it does matter to me. Would I not play if that was the only thing wrong with the game, of course not. But that's not the only thing wrong IMO ... it's one thing in a long list of many.

PMN mines and RA-14, I forgot to mention those. Where are they? GONE! Should be there, but again, SS thought they knew what they were doing. ::)

At least with CA, people still played, they didn't move on to other games. But with Confrontation, many people are more interested in other games, including myself. There are a few of us who have to pull ourselves away from CoD WaW to play Socom and I personally HATE FPS. So what does that tell you?