whats ur problem with socom?

Lexaeus ]

i still think mines would be a great addition, not sure how it's "cheap". maybe "easy to get a kill with" is more appropriate, but they can used with strategy as well, not just morons use em

Yes mines can be very strategic, & a reality in a lot of war time scenario's.!

Way too many things i want to quote in this thread, but i think that you guys are looking at the PMN's all wrong.

You want reality with gun accuracy (no spray & pray), grenades that work more realisticly, & more realistic graphics (not cartoonish), but you still want to be able to run without looking where you're going.. IN A WAR.!?

If there was an option to set up boobie traps then i would say ok, but there isn't. So try watching where you are going, & not running around as if camping wasn't reality. lol

Also i would love to see all the people who THNIK they are good at Socom, play on a different/better connection.. i bet a lot of them would get a reality check on how good their skills really are. My experience is that somepeople have a connection that makes them live longer, & win more gun fights, so it makes them feel like they are more skilled, but in all reality.. its the connection, & when you get killed by a F90 or HK7.. its not so much the gun as it is they have a similar or worse connection.

All in all, i dont know if it is my connection or my lack of skills (because i know i am a terrible shot), but i lose 90% of all gun fights.. even when they start with me shooting them in the back. lol

COWonCRACK ]

famas isnt extremely cheap, but yes i agree about the f90, and the hk7. but ive only ever seen the m203 used once, and the rocket launchers are rarely used as well. not near as much as those in COD. but besides that, the pmn is cheap. its the cheapest weapon possible. even the f90 takes some skill, but a pmn you lay it down and forget about it. a dog is capable of that act, its called dog shit, people accidentally step on it all the time, but do you know how much brain power it took for a dog to produce that shit? almost none. same basic principle with a pmn mine, 90% of the time its just some campin noob sittin back in a building using it or some guy who just plants it randomly for an easy kill. shit i would prefer to be killed by an m203 then run over a fuckin mine. and i wouldnt go so far as to say the famas is cheap, it doesnt have a huge clip so you have to be a little more careful where u spray. unlike the f90 where you can just shoot and hope the other person has to reload so you can keep shooting.

Re-load in a gun fight..!?

How could anyone live thru a whole clip from ANY rifle..!!??

Isn't dying from a stray bullet, reality.?

I'll have to try the HK7 next time. ;)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats all a garbage arguement. Cheap this Cheap that. Its a game.. only so much is based on reality. I like the post I seen where it says "Its not real to see behind a wall and see through your buddies eyes when you die, and whatever else it said.

I dont go for that bullshit.. RPG's and MINES are used in real life we should use them in a ranked room.

I believe.. YOU payed 60 Dollars or whatever its YOUR GAME YOU PLAY IT how you want.

Now that I made that Clear... i can speak my opinion..

As far as the game... ANYTHING outside of a GUN to me is garbage and a cheap kill.

Other then the grenades I guess b/c they dont always kill but I like them like that.

If MORE THAN HALF of every kill you got in the game was from a weapon that doesnt require a some odd caliber bullet, than your garbage and I hate you. Sike no, LoL. But to me its cheap. And if you cant shoot a gun then you shouldnt be a seal.

I dont experience the lag either.. Once in a while Ill get some random wierd thing that will happen, but its only at the end of the round or something minor.. AND I ONLY HAVE A 15mp Down 768K up.

I have a lame ass connection and dont get the lag you people talk about.

I WOULD rather play this game any day with ALL THE ISSUES IT HAS RIGHT NOW AT THIS MOMENT.. than any other online shooter I have played so far. I will also say.. that when the patch comes out to change alot of the things people complain about.. it will make it even harder for me to enjoy any other game as much as SOCOM. It boils down to the chess like decisions, teamwork, tactics, and concepts of possibilities to determine what the enemy might/will do as compared to what you ARE doing. that makes the game fun. YOU CAN NOT jump in a room and just run around with a gun and expect to win.

If you want to win.. YOU MUST TRY to win. I like that.

at3dave ]

It boils down to the chess like decisions, teamwork, tactics, and concepts of possibilities to determine what the enemy might/will do as compared to what you ARE doing. [/color] that makes the game fun. YOU CAN NOT jump in a room and just run around with a gun and expect to win.

If you want to win.. YOU MUST TRY to win. I like that.

That IS what makes Socom what it is. ;D

Chili-Palmer ]
Lexaeus ]

i still think mines would be a great addition, not sure how it's "cheap". maybe "easy to get a kill with" is more appropriate, but they can used with strategy as well, not just morons use em

Yes mines can be very strategic, & a reality in a lot of war time scenario's.!

Re-load in a gun fight..!?

How could anyone live thru a whole clip from ANY rifle..!!??

Isn't dying from a stray bullet, reality.?

I'll have to try the HK7 next time. ;)

lol yes the only people use the f90 is because it doesnt take as long to reload and its clip is much longer, and so the person can just keep spraying while the other person has to reload. lol and that hk7 is like a more powerful m18, it just fuckin sprays. you cant even aim, it lays out so much lead it does it for you. lol and you never gave me a scenario of how a mine could be skill full and strategic? without camping? and yes i agree it is realistic, but there is room for somethings in a game and not others. and in all its just fustrating, i do look down and i always saw most of the mines, its just the idea behind them. 90% of them are used for camping, remember DG and those dicks who would plant like 2 mines in that fuckin doorway and it was impossible to kill him without killin a hosty or two? this game wasnt meant for childish bull shit like that. seriously, look at the IED's in iraq, as much as i hate to say it, its alot like that. some dick put it there, ran away and the the fuckin thing blows up while the douche who planted it is miles away fuckin a donkey.

A Most Recent Socom horror story…

I’ve got similar complaints but all in all haven’t felt it was dramatically bad.

That was until last night..

Last evening I did the usual, turn on the Ps3.. switch my TV inputs.. make sure my mic works. Sign into PSN. Put in my Disk and start up the game. As soon as I logged into the Socom servers, I got a game invite from a fellow clan mate. As usual I accepted, went to the game and joined the lobby. Just like I’ve done a number of times.. I watched the current round in spectator mode and waited to join in. The next round starts and I see my character.. Since far too often my custom controller setting isn’t on. I went to settings selected my configuration and quickly resumed the game.

But the game didn’t resume.. my character did not reappear.. I seemed to be in spectator mode? My controls did nothing for the game, yet were fully functional to access the XMB. I was able to go back and forth to the settings screen again by the start button but hitting select did nothing.. I assumed I was killed already since the map was frostfire, it doesn’t take long if you hang around at spawn too long.. so I waited and hoped it would fix itself for the next round.

The game continued on for everyone else.. with a little over a minute left. I started getting messages from the XMB.

“Goat whatâ€

“R U doing?â€

“u R only 1 leftâ€

“It’s 1v1 “

“go get himâ€

during all of this, my view was confined to a first person view of the area in front of me and nothing else, I could not move the camera, I could not see even see my character more or less fire any weapon. I didn’t think I was even in the game??

Deciding to ride it out I watch the lone enemy come in and out of my view several times, a mere foot or so from my viewpoint.. Guess its hard to find an invisible player?

Finally the game ends.. IN A DRAW.. goat figgur? LOL

I see the game stats screen and then the lobby, I try to say something but as soon as I key the mike… Bam! The Ps3 freaks out.. it shuts off (what the? Not even the frozen screen? Just shuts down by itself? Never seen that one before?) I hit the power button and I get a message I dreaded seeing…

“critical system error†with some error number..

“system requires reinstallation of system softwareâ€

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Next message was something about click x to continue.. please do not shut down the console during the installation.. etc etc.. I didn’t click X… I turned it off.. got on the internet trying to find information on what the hell just happened.

Today I called Sony, and had them walk me through saving my game files, settings and other stuff I did not want to lose before this reinstall thing… Its back on, I did lose some stuff and I had to redo the connection settings.. I haven’t put Socom in yet… I’m worried.. I’ve never see anything like this… this could not have been good for my console…

Like I said, I haven’t really complained that much so far..

That has changed dramatically since last night.

Also, you guys have to understand that SOCOM is like a HEROIN to me. LoL.

Im full fledged addicted, and its like I just got on the needle 6 months ago.

I played all the original Socoms for the campaign and single player, i never played them online. I been missing out all my life, LoL. I played Socom II online for the first time in March 2008 and became addicted in minutes. I then played CA a few times but pretty much stuck to SOCOM II. I played at a friends that had a PS2.. I was content with II and CA through April 2008, then when I heard a new Socom was coming I BOUGHT my PS3 FOR THAT REASON in MAY 2008. Im not going to ADMIT that I have a problem, and take my first step.

I WAS AN XBOX fanboy because of Halo 2, while in the NAVY, Me and half my shop/squadron would play HALO 2 Constantly, even on the Carrier. I swore up and down to stay an XBOX lover forever, but i couldnt afford the 360. The day in March of 08 changed my life forever. I was introduced to SOCOM and therefore abandoned my love for the XBOX... and overnight devised a plan to come up with the 500 dollars i needed to purchase a PS3. Needless to say the money was gathered within a couple weeks and here I am.

If you took the time to read all that IM sorry. But its a true story. A FORMER XBOX fan... I was the KING at HALO 2 for like 3 years. KING i tell you. Overnight turned PS3 and SOCOM fan. NOTHING is like the experience I get on SOCOM when im having a good night. LoL. NOTHING. (in the gaming world).

Goat ]

I’ve got similar complaints but all in all haven’t felt it was dramatically bad.

Last evening I did the usual, turn on the Ps3.. switch my TV inputs.. make sure my mic works. Sign into PSN. Put in my Disk and start up the game. As soon as I logged into the Socom servers, I got a game invite from a fellow clan mate. As usual I accepted, went to the game and joined the lobby. Just like I’ve done a number of times.. I watched the current round in spectator mode and waited to join in. The next round starts and I see my character.. Since far too often my custom controller setting isn’t on. I went to settings selected my configuration and quickly resumed the game.

But the game didn’t resume.. my character did not reappear.. I seemed to be in spectator mode? My controls did nothing for the game, yet were fully functional to access the XMB. I was able to go back and forth to the settings screen again by the start button but hitting select did nothing.. I assumed I was killed already since the map was frostfire, it doesn’t take long if you hang around at spawn too long.. so I waited and hoped it would fix itself for the next round.

The game continued on for everyone else.. with a little over a minute left. I started getting messages from the XMB.

“Goat whatâ€

“R U doing?â€

“u R only 1 leftâ€

“It’s 1v1 “

“go get himâ€

during all of this, my view was confined to a first person view of the area in front of me and nothing else, I could not move the camera, I could not see even see my character more or less fire any weapon. I didn’t think I was even in the game??

Deciding to ride it out I watch the lone enemy come in and out of my view several times, a mere foot or so from my viewpoint.. Guess its hard to find an invisible player?

I see the game stats screen and then the lobby, I try to say something but as soon as I key the mike… Bam! The Ps3 freaks out.. it shuts off (what the? Not even the frozen screen? Just shuts down by itself? Never seen that one before?) I hit the power button and I get a message I dreaded seeing…

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Next message was something about click x to continue.. please do not shut down the console during the installation.. etc etc.. I didn’t click X… I turned it off.. got on the internet trying to find information on what the hell just happened.

Today I called Sony, and had them walk me through saving my game files, settings and other stuff I did not want to lose before this reinstall thing… Its back on, I did lose some stuff and I had to redo the connection settings.. I haven’t put Socom in yet… I’m worried.. I’ve never see anything like this… this could not have been good for my console…

lol i might have just castrated myself.

COWonCRACK ]
Goat ]

“Goat whatâ€

“R U doing?â€

“u R only 1 leftâ€

“It’s 1v1 “

“go get himâ€

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

no cow can't see that happening.

DevilHawk34 ]
COWonCRACK ]
Goat ]

“Goat whatâ€

“R U doing?â€

“u R only 1 leftâ€

“It’s 1v1 “

“go get himâ€

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

no cow can't see that happening.

lol ya, i dont wanna miss and hit ur mom. OHHHHHHHHHHHHH. i cant beleive i just said that. i feel like cdbs now.

HippieChik ]

For starters, SS released an UNFINISHED game! And it p.o.'s me that a company can sell a defective product and get away with it.

This game is NOT Socom. It is some other piece of junk shooter that they slapped the Socom name on.

They took everything that worked in past Socoms, threw it out the door, and patched together what we have come to know as Socom Confrontation.

- D-pad lean ... gone!

- Tie-breaker round ... gone!

- Ability to find friends/clan in games and follow ... gone!

- Grenades that worked ... gone!

- Ability to run without pressing a Run button ... gone! (What's the point of L3? This should be a pressure thing. The more pressure or the harder you press up, the faster the character walks/runs.)

- Scoreboard that worked just fine ... gone! (Many problems with the current scoreboard. Other than the obvious, it's not transparent and you can't move while it's on the screen ... how do you know who has the bomb or hostages? Is it there and I just don't know the secret?)

- Smaller, more intimate maps like (S1 & 2) ... gone! (What they should have done is keep the maps small with the ability to enter buildings, etc. thus giving more places to hide, etc. instead of making gigantic maps without vehicles.)

- Lobby text chat ... gone!

- Orderly server list ... gone!

- $60 for a game that should function properly ... gone!

- Only 4 new maps!!! What is this?

- The fact that my guys head blocks the crosshairs when I am in a tight spot ... stupid!

I just don't see what is so great about this game. I guess I had higher expectations and had I expected a sub-par game, I wouldn't be so disappointed. And again, I don't understand why you would change things about a game that weren't "broken" to begin with.

I'm disappointed, but I have hopes that SS is realizing what a disasterous mistake they have made and are trying to rectify the situation.

hahaha from most of the things you wrote, you just sound like you want the game to be easier.

Apart from the system issues, most people complain about the game play because its more realistic and complex. I like that.

Identity Crisis ]
HippieChik ]

For starters, SS released an UNFINISHED game! And it p.o.'s me that a company can sell a defective product and get away with it.

This game is NOT Socom. It is some other piece of junk shooter that they slapped the Socom name on.

They took everything that worked in past Socoms, threw it out the door, and patched together what we have come to know as Socom Confrontation.

- D-pad lean ... gone!

- Tie-breaker round ... gone!

- Ability to find friends/clan in games and follow ... gone!

- Grenades that worked ... gone!

- Ability to run without pressing a Run button ... gone! (What's the point of L3? This should be a pressure thing. The more pressure or the harder you press up, the faster the character walks/runs.)

- Scoreboard that worked just fine ... gone! (Many problems with the current scoreboard. Other than the obvious, it's not transparent and you can't move while it's on the screen ... how do you know who has the bomb or hostages? Is it there and I just don't know the secret?)

- Smaller, more intimate maps like (S1 & 2) ... gone! (What they should have done is keep the maps small with the ability to enter buildings, etc. thus giving more places to hide, etc. instead of making gigantic maps without vehicles.)

- Lobby text chat ... gone!

- Orderly server list ... gone!

- $60 for a game that should function properly ... gone!

- Only 4 new maps!!! What is this?

- The fact that my guys head blocks the crosshairs when I am in a tight spot ... stupid!

I just don't see what is so great about this game. I guess I had higher expectations and had I expected a sub-par game, I wouldn't be so disappointed. And again, I don't understand why you would change things about a game that weren't "broken" to begin with.

I'm disappointed, but I have hopes that SS is realizing what a disasterous mistake they have made and are trying to rectify the situation.

hahaha from most of the things you wrote, you just sound like you want the game to be easier.

Apart from the system issues, most people complain about the game play because its more realistic and complex. I like that.

fail identity... fail

i must say though im curious about the opinions on this, i have to say your connection counts for little. as long as you have at least 3g download and say probably 500 upload, you should be fine. seriously i ran off of a 6g connection with a friend who is a fully fledged professional gamer(makes money and everything playing counterstrike, and hes a network administrator) and when i was living with him never once did i have problems playing. i have never had a single complaint about lag against me. what im getting at is this.

a professional gamer who needs the best fuckin connection possible can play with 5g or so. because well its all fine and dandy if you have a screaming 10g or something but that all gets bottlenecked through router after router am i not correct? im pretty i learned something like that in discrete structures as well as networking? would you guys say its true? im guessin this is what those people have in mind when they talk about quality of connection and not speed?

1. Maps are too small.

2. 16 vs maps suck because you can't stay connected.

3. MAPS ARE ENTIRELY TOO SMALL AND ENCOURAGE LESS CREATIVE PEOPLE TO CAMP.

4. Clan support and friend support sucks. They are using the AIM mentality so people can find each other.

5. I still think is plays more like Call of Duty than SOCOM.

6 View of player is too narrow to the left and right.

Overall I'm disappointed, but SOCOM is all I play, so I am stuck until MAG comes out, fingers crossed that is good. If it is, I'll still play SOCOM to support the clan, but every spare moment I'll be playing MAG and organizing 138 people into a tactically diverse and lethal fighting unit... yea that will be fun.

Yea Cow..5 down is plenty for gaming, but even though people pay for 5 down they dont always get that speed when playing. (not sure, but i think the upload speed is more important)

I've been paying for 16 Down / 3 Up, but i have yet to run a speed test showing anything higher than 9.x Down.

It doesn't matter what connection you have on socom. Socom is the ONLY game where downloading porn and movies and playing makes you a better player. You know what you can say I am BSing this. But yesterday when we were practicing for the war we had a random guy who was like yeah i download to be a better player. His names lostcause lol. Anyways he was very killable didn't get a kill the first game he played then the second game he start doing all this BS downloads and he was teleporting left and right and got the most kills. Is that skill? I'm sorry but on most other games your connection really DOES NOT make you a better skilled player.

MaluNYMets ]

It doesn't matter what connection you have on socom. Socom is the ONLY game where downloading porn and movies and playing makes you a better player. You know what you can say I am BSing this. But yesterday when we were practicing for the war we had a random guy who was like yeah i download to be a better player. His names lostcause lol. Anyways he was very killable didn't get a kill the first game he played then the second game he start doing all this BS downloads and he was teleporting left and right and got the most kills. Is that skill? I'm sorry but on most other games your connection really DOES NOT make you a better skilled player.

totally agree. except for the last sentance. On COD professionals would repeatedly jump around every corner because it was common knowledge that not only was it harder to hit, but it was nearly impossible to hit because the bullets had a harder time registering as hits due to the lag jumping created. i wouldnt consider that skill either. so its i would have to say all games have lag if someone has a bad enough connection, shit i remember times i would shoot someone standing still about 10 feet away with a burst from my m16 and it would never register. socom just tends to make its lag alot more visible and easier to lag. but damnit i still havent seen any1 transport damnit. i keep hearing about people transporting across the map but i guess i just dont play in enough big rooms. let alone ranked rooms.

COWonCRACK ]
MaluNYMets ]

totally agree. except for the last sentance. On COD professionals would repeatedly jump around every corner because it was common knowledge that not only was it harder to hit' date=' but it was nearly impossible to hit because the bullets had a harder time registering as hits due to the lag jumping created. i wouldnt consider that skill either. so its i would have to say all games have lag if someone has a bad enough connection, shit i remember times i would shoot someone standing still about 10 feet away with a burst from my m16 and it would never register. socom just tends to make its lag alot more visible and easier to lag. but damnit i still havent seen any1 transport damnit. i keep hearing about people transporting across the map but i guess i just dont play in enough big rooms. let alone ranked rooms.

[/quote']

Its not BIG rooms bro. Its every room. We don't really play anything other then 8x8.

HippieChik ]
IRISH BULL ]

They clearly released an unfinished game, period. That alone is complete bullshit. I'm not a SOCOM vet, but it seems there were certain functions in old SOCOM games that worked and people liked. For some reason the douche bags at Slant 6 omitted these functions.

Well spoken and says it all!

Finally, somebody with a well thought out non disrespect oriented post. Very well spoken Irish. And Chik, Ive agreed with you the entire time way back to your first response. There is an old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"..... So why'd they fix it?

You start a post asking what our problems were with the game and down talk all the responses. Its ok if you like, it truly is. But its also ok if people don't. I don't need to justify to anyone here why the game just isn't that good for me.

Somebody said it best here a while back and I still believe it.... If the name Socom wasn't attached to this game half of the small numbers of people still playing wouldn't be. Dog CoD:WaW all you want but I can sign on right now and see 85k people playing.

MaluNYMets ]

Mets i think you misunderstood me.. lol

I'm not saying their skills get better when lagging' date=' just their stats.! ;)

WiZ ]

*why'd they fix it?

*It's ok if you like it, it truly is. But its also ok if people don't.

*If the name Socom wasn't attached to this game half of the small numbers of people still playing it wouldn't be.

*Dog CoD:WaW all you want but I can sign on right now and see 85k people playing.

All good points.!