whats ur problem with socom?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HogWild ]
WiZ ]

Finally, somebody with a well thought out non disrespect oriented post.

What has respect have to do with it? We have paid for a substandard product with substandard support. What is there to respect?

Respect is earned.

You completely missed the whole point of my post. You are arguing with me about the same points I agree with.

When somebody asks "why you don't like the game?" and you take the time to answer its not a free pass to be an asshole to somebody. Some very valid & sincere points have been made in this thread and because a person disagrees its gives them the right to disrespect somebody?

Respect should be earned in my book....... But disrespect needs to be warranted.

WiZ ]
HogWild ]
WiZ ]

Finally, somebody with a well thought out non disrespect oriented post.

What has respect have to do with it? We have paid for a substandard product with substandard support. What is there to respect?

Respect is earned.

You completely missed the whole point of my post. You are arguing with me about the same points I agree with.

When somebody asks "why you don't like the game?" and you take the time to answer its not a free pass to be an asshole to somebody. Some very valid & sincere points have been made in this thread and because a person disagrees its gives them the right to disrespect somebody?

Respect should be earned in my book....... But disrespect needs to be warranted.

i can kinda almost see my name in there whether that was intended or not. i hope i havent disrespected anyone, and if i managed to i apologize. i just point out counter examples for the sake of the argument. just last night was the first time i saw some serious lag, but again that was in a ranked room. im just pointing out ways this stuff can be avoided and why i feel IMO some of the problems are exaggerated a bit, although most arent, some of these problems are still easily dealt with. shit i kept pointing out the big room causes lag as well as the ranked rooms so people could avoid it and most do. just simple solutions. lookin back at the posts i see very little disrespect towords anybody, just people defending views which is completely ok.

and i just wanna make it clear that i do believe every1 here that has seen bad lag, sadly i would probably say some of the worst lag out there is probably on purpose but 90% is just cause its a big room :D

WiZ ]
HippieChik ]
IRISH BULL ]

They clearly released an unfinished game, period. That alone is complete bullshit. I'm not a SOCOM vet, but it seems there were certain functions in old SOCOM games that worked and people liked. For some reason the douche bags at Slant 6 omitted these functions.

Well spoken and says it all!

Finally, somebody with a well thought out non disrespect oriented post. Very well spoken Irish. And Chik, Ive agreed with you the entire time way back to your first response. There is an old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"..... So why'd they fix it?

You start a post asking what our problems were with the game and down talk all the responses. Its ok if you like, it truly is. But its also ok if people don't. I don't need to justify to anyone here why the game just isn't that good for me.

Somebody said it best here a while back and I still believe it.... If the name Socom wasn't attached to this game half of the small numbers of people still playing wouldn't be. Dog CoD:WaW all you want but I can sign on right now and see 85k people playing.

Thanks for the support.

Its like buying a brand new car and when you get it, it doesn't have any doors. You ask the dealer, "What the fuck, where are the doors?!" He says "Don't worry buddy, they are on the way, in what we call, In-coming doors 1.30". Then he adds, "And these doors are gonna have all kinds of cool functions! Just like the ones we mentioned in the owners manual. We're even bringing back functions that everyone liked."

So you say "But wait, why would you sell me a car without the fucking doors, you douche bag?!!" And he says, "Hey relax guy, it still drives, doesn't it? Besides, we wanted to sell you this car and everyone else ASAP so we get some of that DOE-RAY-MI!!! Who cares if its substandard."

IRISH BULL ]
WiZ ]
HippieChik ]
IRISH BULL ]

They clearly released an unfinished game, period. That alone is complete bullshit. I'm not a SOCOM vet, but it seems there were certain functions in old SOCOM games that worked and people liked. For some reason the douche bags at Slant 6 omitted these functions.

Well spoken and says it all!

Finally, somebody with a well thought out non disrespect oriented post. Very well spoken Irish. And Chik, Ive agreed with you the entire time way back to your first response. There is an old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"..... So why'd they fix it?

You start a post asking what our problems were with the game and down talk all the responses. Its ok if you like, it truly is. But its also ok if people don't. I don't need to justify to anyone here why the game just isn't that good for me.

Somebody said it best here a while back and I still believe it.... If the name Socom wasn't attached to this game half of the small numbers of people still playing wouldn't be. Dog CoD:WaW all you want but I can sign on right now and see 85k people playing.

Thanks for the support.

Its like buying a brand new car and when you get it, it doesn't have any doors. You ask the dealer, "What the fuck, where are the doors?!" He says "Don't worry buddy, they are on the way, in what we call, In-coming doors 1.30". Then he adds, "And these doors are gonna have all kinds of cool functions! Just like the ones we mentioned in the owners manual. We're even bringing back functions that everyone liked."

So you say "But wait, why would you sell me a car without the fucking doors, you douche bag?!!" And he says, "Hey relax guy, it still drives, doesn't it? Besides, we wanted to sell you this car and everyone else ASAP so we get some of that DOE-RAY-MI!!! Who cares if its substandard."

I think I bought that car.

IRISH BULL ]

Its like buying a brand new car and when you get it, it doesn't have any doors. You ask the dealer, "What the fuck, where are the doors?!" He says "Don't worry buddy, they are on the way, in what we call, In-coming doors 1.30".

Bro, that analogy had me rollin and couldnt have been more on point!

I have said this on the 503 forums and I will say it here, If it really was such a big issue with all of these functions that were not on the game that were advertised on the box why don't people stop bitching and just sue them for false advertisement. and the analogy with a car not having doors I see what you are saying but you cant compare a car with a video game there is over 10000 dollar difference on the two.

Cynical2U ]

I have said this on the 503 forums and I will say it here, If it really was such a big issue with all of these functions that were not on the game that were advertised on the box why don't people stop bitching and just sue them for false advertisement. and the analogy with a car not having doors I see what you are saying but you cant compare a car with a video game there is over 10000 dollar difference on the two.

i have said that so many times, lets take it to the federal trade commission.

Cynical2U ]

and the analogy with a car not having doors I see what you are saying but you cant compare a car with a video game there is over 10000 dollar difference on the two.

$1 or $100 is all the same to me. Most people work damn hard for what they have and if I choose to spend my hard earned $ on your product, it better be what you promised.

Cynical, do you have a job, a mortgage, car payments, bills, kids to provide for, etc.? Just curious. I really like trying to understand where people are coming from.

HippieChik ]
Cynical2U ]

and the analogy with a car not having doors I see what you are saying but you cant compare a car with a video game there is over 10000 dollar difference on the two.

$1 or $100 is all the same to me. Most people work damn hard for what they have and if I choose to spend my hard earned $ on your product, it better be what you promised.

Cynical, do you have a job, a mortgage, car payments, bills, kids to provide for, etc.? Just curious. I really like trying to understand where people are coming from.

Agreed. I don't just walk down the isle and throw something in the cart not knowing what I am going to get. I was told online that there were several features that peaked my interests, in interviews told that certain things would no longer happen and that this game would be 100% perfect since it was online only.

Well there are SEVERAL features listed that are NOT in the game. There are several issues that are on the server side that have yet to be addressed and we are now almost 60 days AFTER release with no end to the madness.

I cant speak for everyone. But I know that $50 is ALOT of money to me.

Im talkin ALOT of money to me... LoL, the average income in my area is less than 10,000 grand a year...

Legal money i made this year will add up to probably less than 7000.

I know the value of a hard earned dollar.

But that still doesnt suit the car/video game analogy.

It was 60 spent on a game that doesnt have all the features. But unless there is something we can do about it then its time to move on and chalk it up as a loss.

I know Im upset about it. But it was ... and for me to say it .. "ONLY" 60 bucks.

And figure the PS3 Headset is nice... I dont value it at 50.. maybe 30. So the game was 30 dollars.

If i can chalk up a $30 dollar loss than anyone can. .. And its not a complete loss. Even without the features the game has more replay value.. thanks in part to UF... than any other game Ive EVER bought.

DISCLAIMER

THIS IS ALL IN MY OPINION. My Views do not express those of anyone else from 101 or the world for that matter. Im not disrespecting anyone else's views.. this is all just IMO.

at3dave ]

I cant speak for everyone. But I know that $50 is ALOT of money to me.

Im talkin ALOT of money to me... LoL, the average income in my area is less than 10,000 grand a year...

Legal money i made this year will add up to probably less than 7000.

I know the value of a hard earned dollar.

But that still doesnt suit the car/video game analogy.

It was 60 spent on a game that doesnt have all the features. But unless there is something we can do about it then its time to move on and chalk it up as a loss.

I know Im upset about it. But it was ... and for me to say it .. "ONLY" 60 bucks.

And figure the PS3 Headset is nice... I dont value it at 50.. maybe 30. So the game was 30 dollars.

If i can chalk up a $30 dollar loss than anyone can. .. And its not a complete loss. Even without the features the game has more replay value.. thanks in part to UF... than any other game Ive EVER bought.

DISCLAIMER

THIS IS ALL IN MY OPINION. My Views do not express those of anyone else from 101 or the world for that matter. Im not disrespecting anyone else's views.. this is all just IMO.

I understand what you are saying but it really isn't about the money. They set a presedence now that anyone can release a game that is not finished and the consumers are screwed. If you bought GTA4 and got 70% through the single player and a message popped up saying you cannot go any further until we release patch 1.3 how would you feel?

The ONLY reason I play right now is when my friends are playing. I know I frustrate them because I say shit when I get pissed so I have even backed off more because this game, as is, is frustrating. I am tired of people having grenades up their ass and living. Then the same person in the same round living through and RPG and vehicle explosion RIGHT next to them. I understand lag is inherent in online games BUT this kind of stuff was NOT suppose to be happening!!

Shane23, I have to disagree with one very small statement you made.

It's true, video game developers DO set precedents, but not in the way you presented it.

New games can set a precedent on new creativity, graphics, game engine, re-play value or online capabilities. Precendents that will affect other developers and games by raising the bar. The consumer is the ultimate beneficiary in this tug of war.

HOWEVER, in the context you're putting it in, there's ne precedent being set by anyone. No one will look at the complaints about Socom and say 'hey, we can take it easy on that game we're developing now!'

No...the precedent set here, the ONLY precedent to be set by a group of consumers, is to refuse to buy a product or to boycott other's attempts to purchase the product by issuing your negative feedback. The internet is great for that. Commerce is driven by demand, THEN quality. Quality can be great at first, and if the emand is there, suppliers can become complacent in their efforts.

Remember how big the McRib or Big Macs were about 10 years ago?

Remember when tvs lasted for 30 years and not 15 or 10?

Until the supplier SEES that the demand for an inferior product has weakened, there is nothing to motivate them to up the quality again. There is no reason for them to try and lure you back.

Do you think cereal companies LIKE giving you 'now with 30 percent more in the box?' They're doing that to get you back.

So companies only set STANDARDS for themselves and their competitors. WE, the consumers, set the precedent that suppliers can learn from.

As a consumer, you need to do what is right for you to SET that proper precedent.

lol IMO the grenades are great. although the randomness they achieve can be wierd sometimes, i.e. i was playin Frost fire and some guy throws a nade from there spawn, it lands about 20 feet in front of me at the foot of a ramp, and i died. shit that was fuckin redicoulous but acceptable at any rate seeing as how i have lived through grenades that ive caught in my mouth.

Undertow ]

Shane23, I have to disagree with one very small statement you made.

It's true, video game developers DO set precedents, but not in the way you presented it.

New games can set a precedent on new creativity, graphics, game engine, re-play value or online capabilities. Precendents that will affect other developers and games by raising the bar. The consumer is the ultimate beneficiary in this tug of war.

HOWEVER, in the context you're putting it in, there's ne precedent being set by anyone. No one will look at the complaints about Socom and say 'hey, we can take it easy on that game we're developing now!'

No...the precedent set here, the ONLY precedent to be set by a group of consumers, is to refuse to buy a product or to boycott other's attempts to purchase the product by issuing your negative feedback. The internet is great for that. Commerce is driven by demand, THEN quality. Quality can be great at first, and if the emand is there, suppliers can become complacent in their efforts.

Remember how big the McRib or Big Macs were about 10 years ago?

Remember when tvs lasted for 30 years and not 15 or 10?

Until the supplier SEES that the demand for an inferior product has weakened, there is nothing to motivate them to up the quality again. There is no reason for them to try and lure you back.

Do you think cereal companies LIKE giving you 'now with 30 percent more in the box?' They're doing that to get you back.

So companies only set STANDARDS for themselves and their competitors. WE, the consumers, set the precedent that suppliers can learn from.

As a consumer, you need to do what is right for you to SET that proper precedent.

But they should be looking at all the returns to gamestop and such of their product and realize their product is crap. There are more used available then new at some locations. I also hope that several people are returning it through SCEA and getting the full refund instead of getting only a portion of their money back.

Other developers may not BUT /6 or other Sony 1st parties may. You never know what Sony execs are telling their people. So what happens when MAG drops and there are missing features? Do you think Sony execs are saying "we better get this one right"? No they are thinking here is the date, get it out and fix it later just like Socom. How are they hurt? Unless we the consumer say something now or refuse to purchase another product but that has to be done as a mass. If 20 people don't it won't hurt them. If 20k did they may rethink their model. They have gotten away with it now, what makes us think it will change? That is the precedent.

COWonCRACK ]

lol IMO the grenades are great. although the randomness they achieve can be wierd sometimes, i.e. i was playin Frost fire and some guy throws a nade from there spawn, it lands about 20 feet in front of me at the foot of a ramp, and i died. shit that was fuckin redicoulous but acceptable at any rate seeing as how i have lived through grenades that ive caught in my mouth.

To me that is not acceptable. Then there is no true skill determined, we are back to the randomness of the game to determine who lives and dies. Then what is the point in playing?

Your skill threw a nade right on target and got the kill. Or some one else throws a nade 20' from you and kills you just because. Which would you rather have?

ubisoft did it with RSV2. Took a ton of complains and one guy threatening to sue for them to fix it. We even got a free map and a some new features later on for free. I got to agree with shane it does set that kind of precedent, maybe not for all the developers but for sony games it does. Why do we have to put up with an incomplete product? if i wasnt so cheap i would return it, but i am gonna keep socom just to remind me of how good games go wrong.

But you're backing my sentiment, Shane.

Ultimately, the power is in the consumers' hands. Always has been. Always.

Do you think the skyrocketing price of gas has gone down because the oil barons found a heart?

Nope, it was because they saw consumers were driving less and less, and no matter what they price it at, they NEED to sell gas.

It's in the hands of the consumer. Always has been. The consumer sets the very first initial precedent in all things commercial.

If you put out a product and a ton of people buy it, you had a good idea (the pet rock).

If you put out a product and not only did a ton of people buy it, but they KEEP buying it, then you've put out a GREAT product (the iPod).

If you put out a product and a ton of people buy it but it turns out to be such a dud that you get no return traffic, then you've put out a substandard product (the pet rock...LOL).

In each case it's the CONSUMERS who set the precedent for the demand that ALL others will base their business model upon.