whats ur problem with socom?

i like what big money nacku said. he hits it right on the money. those damn mines are pointless, just someone lookin to camp or get a cheap kill. made it sooo one sided on so many maps. and hes right about the xmb that has actually gotten to me. but all the lag and mic stuff i rarely notice in smaller rooms like 8v8 or smaller. especially private rooms. its usually only 1 person with a wierd mic, and all they need to do is turn it off then back on and its fine.

lol and sadly not every1 on those forums needs to be listened to. look what happened to the fuckin sniper rifle. people can quick snipe again, WITHOUT A FUCKIN SCOPE NOW ASWELL. that infuriates me, the sniping was perfect. forced people to move less, but those fuckin cunts had to complain about how it wouldnt hit people after they ran half a fuckin mile and where standing. and now its way to fuckin accurate no matter what, and u can even hit people a good distance away while hip firing. complete and utter bullshit.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOCOM is nowhere near the best game out there, lacks the many features other older games have. Online only and lag, yes you might say that is other socoms. But it is online only, the online part should be flawless, 3 maps from older games and 4 new maps, WTF, most games today come with twice as much if not 3 times as much; farcry2 lets you make your own maps. Why do we have to wait for patches months after the game was out to finally get the correct experience. There are a ton of games out there that outsell and outperform socom; maybe because some people are diehard socom fans and wont leave the series, that can be understood, but why play a bad game, when there is something better out there. Farcry2 is a great game, cod waw is a great game, MGO is a great online game that works with no lag, resistance 2 is a great game. And this is not counting the many titles that will hit stores after Christmas such as Killzone2. Socom is just gonna get pushed over by the other games that actually delivered from day one.

where is this damn lag every1 talks about. u guys gotta play in the biggest freakin rooms out there. man the lag is few and far between. and i probably should said "in my opinion socom is the best game out right now" although farcry got repetitive near the end(single player) i can imagin the multiplayer coulda been pretty fun. and COD waw is a noob fest online , its just to obvious, now the private matches or wars would be fun. but the online play is just attrocious. i still see lag on WaW(those guys i shoot, then they freeze, and then it sounds like 1000 bullets shoot in about 2 seconds and im dead). and i cant go more then 2 games without runnin into a team that fuckin rifle grenades the spawn at the very begining.

CDBS14 ]

you play search and destroy' date=' even in cod4 noob tubes were used. Thats why i dont play search and destroy.

[/quote']

well sadly thats the best one to require teamwork. and if i play teamdeathmatch i still have to deal with them, and the constant use of fuck spray and pray. although i can usually enjoy a free for all or capture the flag.

CD, stop trying to come in every socom thread telling me there are alot of better games that are better. I could care less about FPS garbage. I could care less about all those stupid fucking games that require no teamwork or strategy. If I wanted to play a bunch of run and gun with a bunch of fucking kids, I'd go play gaylo. Or Crap o doody.

The fact of the matter is I DON'T. I want to play a strategic game with ADULTS. Period. There is a reason people are diehard Socom fans. THERE ISN'T ANOTHER GAME EVEN REMOTELY LIKE IT.

Just because the game pisses me off doesn't mean I should or need to tell everyone to stop playing a game. The thing you don't understand CDBS is that some of us really only keep gaming because of UF and our clans. We love socom and what it has to offer. Yes it pisses us off that they leave things out of the game. Yes it pisses us off that we have to deal with the shit they(S/S) puts us through. But we still would rather deal with the BS then go play a game that was never for us.

This is my opinion so maybe I shouldn't have used the word We so much. :-\

CDBS14 ]

thats why my opnion on socom is that we got a mediocre game' date=' after we got a ton of promises and really nice vids; then we got, well confrontation. I mean how can this game not piss you off when it lacks many of the features mentioned on the manual.

[/quote']

because in my opinion its better then any game out there. its different, its gameplay is better. more teamwork, less noobs. actually takes skill to be good at socom, most other games you can take the top spot after only a game or two. ya the developers are some gutter fuckin douche bags but the game is still unique and groundbreaking. but the shit socom gets is undeserved in alot of ways. shit im a die hard fan of both COD and socom, and both games got a change in developers and both have gone downhill. COD especially. socom has stayed closer to home, it wanted a little innovation and fucked it up. ya its fustrating but the game still plays great. the online play is great even outside of a war in a public room, something COD doesnt have.

and if i remember correctly its because of the way the servers are set up that allows socom to have all its clan features, cod cant do that. although right now the clan features arent exactly important due to the fact that it doesnt show shit about the person. but that "should be" fixed. ;D i hope.

I love playing Confrontation.

I rarely see lag or lag enough to complain about it as others here have. In fact, I CAN'T recall seeing any lag in this game. I see people getting dropped occasionally, but I would rather see them drop than see them lag.

I don't need to roll and I rarely use the lean the way they've presented it in this game.

I JUST miss the ability to turn team switch OFF. That's it. Otherwise, I love and enjoyh logging in to this game.

I agree with bigmoney. It is NOT the nade power that needs to be fixed it is the inconsistency of explosion hit detection that is god aweful! How can you stand next to an exploding automobile or nade and live one time but die the next?

The lag is bad and getting worse. During the beta there was a debate about the shooting after someone died. That disappeared for a while after release. NOW there are times not only are they still shooting BUT they throw a grenade and shoot some more AFTER they have been dead on your screen! I have even seen where someone on our team says so and so is dead but it has not registered. 30 seconds later AFTER the call out and AFTER that dead player kills 2 people he dies from the ORIGINAL CALL OUT!! WTF?

Not being able to follow friends or clan members is a JOKE! What made Socom 1 and 2 great were the friends and playing WITH them.

Yes some of the issues will be fixed with 1.3 BUT the problem I see is that they took away server side things to handle "the load" that they were NOT prepared for. What about that? Are they upgrading whatever needs to be upgraded in order to have those features AND amount of players?

How in God's name can you have an ONLINE ONLY game and NO CONNECTION INDICATOR!!? HOW FUCKING STUPID CAN THEY BE?

grenades are random. ive heard more then one story about how soldiers have lived thrugh grenades. the frag grenade kills with the shrapnel projects. it is possible to be right next to a grenade and live. your gonna be like wtf for a bit and probably not feeling your best but your gonna be alive and able to fight. if it was a concussion grenade which kills by the blast alone, then i would understand your fustration. but the basic point of this is people can no longer waste there grenades, they gotta use them tactically and chances are there gonna use flash or smoke as well. i hope to god they dont do anything to grenades. the fuckin nade fests are so gay. although i think if a frag hit close enough it should probably disorientate or something, i personally have survived a grenade landing at my feet, after i caught it with my mouth. its just one of those times were im like, "damn im lucky". ive also thrown one like that. but i understand the grendae doesnt always have the best chance to kill.

and yes i agree with tow, again where the hell is all this lag.the stuff shane was talkin about is something i only ever saw in the beta. never seen anything or heard anything like it since.

Rocketlaunchers and Grenade launchers are cheap, F90's are cheap, FAMAS is cheap. Everything is cheap lol. If you want to run around and not see a PMN and get killed by it its your fault its not a cheap weapon. If we keep taking out things that are cheap, the game would be cheap too. The less features in the game = The less team work and strategy.

famas isnt extremely cheap, but yes i agree about the f90, and the hk7. but ive only ever seen the m203 used once, and the rocket launchers are rarely used as well. not near as much as those in COD. but besides that, the pmn is cheap. its the cheapest weapon possible. even the f90 takes some skill, but a pmn you lay it down and forget about it. a dog is capable of that act, its called dog shit, people accidentally step on it all the time, but do you know how much brain power it took for a dog to produce that shit? almost none. same basic principle with a pmn mine, 90% of the time its just some campin noob sittin back in a building using it or some guy who just plants it randomly for an easy kill. shit i would prefer to be killed by an m203 then run over a fuckin mine. and i wouldnt go so far as to say the famas is cheap, it doesnt have a huge clip so you have to be a little more careful where u spray. unlike the f90 where you can just shoot and hope the other person has to reload so you can keep shooting.