whats ur problem with socom?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHANE23 ]
COWonCRACK ]

lol IMO the grenades are great. although the randomness they achieve can be wierd sometimes, i.e. i was playin Frost fire and some guy throws a nade from there spawn, it lands about 20 feet in front of me at the foot of a ramp, and i died. shit that was fuckin redicoulous but acceptable at any rate seeing as how i have lived through grenades that ive caught in my mouth.

To me that is not acceptable. Then there is no true skill determined, we are back to the randomness of the game to determine who lives and dies. Then what is the point in playing?

Your skill threw a nade right on target and got the kill. Or some one else throws a nade 20' from you and kills you just because. Which would you rather have?

well, if we go with full power like your suggesting all thats gonna happen is those 20' random grenades at the beginning of rounds. right now i would estimate that 90% of the time if the grenade is close enough it kills the person, at least in my experience. If the damage is increased its just gonna be a nade fest again and any1 can still say that it takes no skill to use it due to the fact that its an instant kill and 70% of grenades would probably be random. so either way you look at it its gonna be terrible, which is why thankfully uf doesnt use grenades. again IMO i would rather have realistic grenades that are used in only situations where there called for (because if someone is in a building camping the nade will most likely kill them). plus the weakness of grenades forces people to use smoke and flashbangs, both of which i have seen used an exponentially greater amount compared to previous socoms with a huge increase in effectiveness.

and again to add, iff the damage is increased, we can say goodbye to *insert keyword, "almost"* all use of flashbangs and smoke.

I'm so with you on the grenades, Cow. i'd much rather have guys live through my nades once in awhile, than get killed 20-30' from it like the old days. I really hope the power up they are adding is minimal.

Ideally, it should be able to kill or severely hurt someone sitting in the Bell Tower on CR. Right now you can hide in one corner and not even get any damage, so they are a little weak. Hopefully that's about the extent of the upgrade.

BigMoneyNacku ]

I'm so with you on the grenades, Cow. i'd much rather have guys live through my nades once in awhile, than get killed 20-30' from it like the old days. I really hope the power up they are adding is minimal.

Ideally, it should be able to kill or severely hurt someone sitting in the Bell Tower on CR. Right now you can hide in one corner and not even get any damage, so they are a little weak. Hopefully that's about the extent of the upgrade.

agreed. i would probably prefer a slight upgrade, but to much and its just gonaa get ruined. lets hope they get something right shall we? ;)

You guys are missing my point on the nades, I don't want more power I want consistancy! If they set a blast radious and damage is set to a range that is fine. For example within 5 feet = death. 10 feet half life taken and 15 feet makes you deaf. I don't want a grenade to land on my 3 out of 10 times and not kill me and 2 out of 10 land 20 feet away and kill me.

As far as games being released early... Socom listed features, we bought that product based on that list. We were not delivered what the product description delivered. And what can we do, return it? Big deal they still got their money. How are we to know that we bought a finished product now? We don't.

So answer this Tow, how many people in this community are going to return Socom? I know if things don't get significantly better after 1.3 I will be calling SCEA for a full refund. I can't speak for anyone else but that is the ONLY way things will change. But unless that happens developers will continue that same pattern. They are counting on people to be to lazy, content or stupid to call and get a refund.

You used cereal as an example. Do you realize that most rebates are not actually mailed in? They count on people to see the price $20 or whatever cheaper after mail in rebate but a VERY small % actually mail it in and get the rebate. So they still make their money. Same concept here. They will buy the game, we delay them long enough and they will eat it.

My problem with socom is that it boots my guys off everyday. For Example, today i was playing my horsemen war, my team and the other team are tie 4-4 on the 9th round only the horsemen are alive. 2 mins left in the clock my horsemen gets booted. I mean it is not a big deal but damn lol. wrong time to screw us over socom.

Neo_Unit001 ]

I LOVE SOCOM.

most sensible post yet:D ;) ;)

lol but i dont know, i love the consistency of the grenades right now, from what ive expierenced only in a full moon do people live from a point blank nade, and i mean thats realistic givin the nature of a frage grenade, there is a chance that all the shrapnel will miss your body, although i would say the blast should knock you the fuck down, but i dont know if it should kill you. but maybe a slight increase in consistancy would help.

Undertow ]

Yeah, I still don't why that analogy entered the fray here. Not knocking you, just don't understand where that's coming from in relation to what I was initially saying....

We bought and unfinished product, correct?

Are you going to return the product?

If no, what is to stop them from selling you an unfinished product again? You have already shown that you will not return one unfinished product for a full refund what makes them think you will return the next one?

That is why most companies offer mail in rebates. They get you to buy their product at full price knowing that a high % of people will not mail in the rebate. So they don't lose. So the ananlogy is that a high % of people will buy the next unfinished game and not return it. It doesn't matter if they return it to the store, you paid full price, the store bought it back from you, the developer still sees 100% sale. I am talking full refund FROM SCEA!

I see what your sayin Shane... and it makes perfect sense to put it the way you did.. when i first read that post.. i was like JEAH.. go shane. I dont know how Tow missed it.

But on the other hand... again your just insisting or agreeing with Tow's ultimate point of his post.

That is and always has been in the hands of the consumer..

I think thats what your guys' conversation has primarily been about so far.

Chili-Palmer ]

I will probably be selling it back to Gamestop (unfortunately i dont think i can return it now) we'll see.

I want to buy the NPPL Paintball game.!! ;D

Why does the 360 get the coolest games? :'(

I want a paintball game! I had one for pc when I was 13 and it ruled. Plus you guys have Fable.

Undertow ]

LOL, I know Dave, I think that's why Shane's comments were tripping me up...because he was essentially agreeing with me but putting it in a way that suggested he wasn't...?

I don't know.

We're all good.

LOL

I agree with you that the consumer CAN make a difference BUT until we do they will continue these practices. Personally I don't see enough consumers willing to do something about it, they are "happy" with what they got and will continue to purchase blindly and eat the cost.

Are people really still that unhappy w/ the game? we had 1 guy out of our 40 guys that seemed to not like it.. infact he hated it so much and he was soo destined to prove us that socom was junk.. that we let him go. Other then that.. 503 is enjoying this game ... there are a few bugs.. and we want more maps.. but we are pretty sure that they are coming shortly.. and that just excites us even more about the game. Now i dont consider myself some crazy fanboy .. but can one really justify $40 being a waste of money?? I get the point about dont buy shitty products and in theory products will rise in quality .. but where do you draw the line of being not worth it and worth a boycott? Socom was more or less un playable in its first week release.. servers were hammered and games were not only hard to get into.. but extremely laggy and you were lucky to complete a full game.. but that happens often on release.. just socom seems to have higher expectations.. which being one of the power house online franchises you would hope it is.. and really .. IMO after patch 1.30 .. this game will truly be awesome.. that is unless the patch causes other errors... which we all know could happen..

Thats what Im sayin.. I love Socom.

At this moment... Like Last night.. and all this week.

Last Night I pre-warred with 101st, but didnt make the starting line-up, so I came to the EVAL team and was on that starting line-up and had a war.. Right there is two different tourny's per se. BLACK and EVAL.

Then I Have HMEN on Monday and Wednesday's as well. Im in 3 different tourny's in a way.

All of which take place to where I HAVE to be on 4 out of 5 nights during the weekday. LoL

And not once have i thought to myself.. Im to busy doing something else. Outside of working (which I dont do right now) and sex.. Theres not much I'd rather be doing in the real world. Im sorry.. but there is NO OTHER GAME i'd be involved in as much as Socom. i dont think there EVER will be. (MAG) maybe. well see.

the more I play this game, the more disappointed I get with it. getting stuck on nothing like I ran into a invisivble wall. can't shoot over a six inch curb to kill someone in different round.

if these wireless remotes weren't so expensive, I would have broken 10 of them by now. no kidding, PS2 I always kept a spare on hand just in case.... >:(