Socom con- Was I right?

UNCLE-SID25 ]

We will get a big patch that resets everything right after xmas- That way all the newbs that get the game from santa dont feel cheated... Then 3 weeks later we will get a patch that fix all th shit that patch broke... *then you will not hear from slant 6 for 3 months... Then you will get a patch to fix some broken shit... Then 4 months later you will be able to buy a map pack with 3 maps on it (maybe re skinned old ones if your lucky).

I hope I am wrong but thats SOE's track record with franchise shooters at this point in time.

So far socom is right on track with my time line... :'(

There was mention of 1.40 on socom.com somewhere. Stating that, THAT patch would implement the missing features that are described in the manual.

That being said. I agree that something needs to be done. This is NOT an acceptable business practice and quite honestly someone should be held accountable, AND VERY PUBLICLY! WE as consumers CANNOT allow developers to get away with this practice. If we do now they will continue to follow this practice.

Guys, this is beyond old now..........

Its like the girl you first got laid by... Yup, it was great and fantastic while it lasted but the girl has cheated on you the last 4 years and you sadly continue to treat her as something special. She's a slut, she isn't anything she used to be. As your older and much wiser best friend, let the bitch go, your making a fool of yourself. Move on to another girl, there are plenty out there!

That game sucks, it has since launch, it does today, and it will tomorrow. Your begging for a patch for a game they clearly care nothing about. Its over...... Accept it.

LOL man.. which side of the fence to jump too.. Really socom plays pretty damn well as is. I know that alot of you are laughing right now.. but why are almost all of us on this game daily? It does need some fixes.. but whats so wrong about it now? Lag? There will always be lag.. just the way it is.. Other features.. really dont matter.. like the calendar?? WHO CARES.. this has been a big deal for some.. why? I know what day it is.. and i am smart enough not to count on a game for my Tourney needs.. :P

Beyond that.. they gave me back D-Pad lean.. that was my only real complaint.. and i got it! So i am a happy camper.. and although there could always be improvements on ANYTHING... not just socom.. i am pretty happy about socom.. This game is in our blood... take it or leave it.. ;)

"She is like a fine, well-aged prostitute... it takes years to learn her tricks. She is cruel, laughs at you when you are naked, but you keep coming back for more, and more! Why? Because she is the only prostitute I can afford." - Balls of Fury

I think that describes Socom. I agree with inadub. The game is in our blood so no matter what it is, we're gonna sit here and play it as much as we always would. I got what I wanted in d-pad lean (even if it might not work as much as I hoped it would.) I don't really care about other features in the game except expansive playlists, more ranked rooms, and a working "join game" system.

As for lag, yes there will always be lag, but it shouldn't be at the level that it is recently. It has gotten better, but just the fact that it DOES lag this much is ridiculous.

WiZ ]

Its like the girl you first got laid by... Yup, it was great and fantastic while it lasted but the girl has cheated on you the last 4 years and you sadly continue to treat her as something special. She's a slut, she isn't anything she used to be. As your older and much wiser best friend, let the bitch go, your making a fool of yourself. Move on to another girl, there are plenty out there!

That game sucks, it has since launch, it does today, and it will tomorrow. Your begging for a patch for a game they clearly care nothing about. Its over...... Accept it.

Accept what? I feel like John Q. losing his son. . NAH... I DONT ACCEPT THAT.. Socom is gonna live!! I mean its a little laggy... but hey!! He's a Good Game..!! I mean it's struggling right now but it is gonna live.!!!

LoL. Hell no man. Look. I've said it before and I'll say it again.. If the game was still in the BETA phase I would play it all day before I would COD or some other shooters. LoL

Yea i have little interest in most of the shooters coming out cuz they are all FPS.. which i can handle but i prefer 3rd person.. (no homo just in case) all in all i think that the playlist is whats preventing alot from totally enjoying this game.. most of us have been playing 3 of the 7 maps for almost 6 years in most cases.. DG and FF will always live in my heart.. but they shouldnt be on my TV in Hi Def!!! i would like some new maps.. but other then that .. you will see my dumb ass playing this game pretty much daily.. even until we get new maps.. which might not be for a while..

WiZ ]

Hey Man its ok your not the first guy to get cheated on! Just sign the damn papers and move on!

You can cry on my shoulder if you want! :'(

I think it all comes down to who you are playing with.. because honestly if i owned a PS3 i would play this shitty game still, but since i dont own a PS3 i can step away & see that it is NOT worth it.

Like i said if i owned a PS3 i would play it just to hang & play with my clan.. that alone is what makes it worth it.. now if you can get your clan/friends to play something else, you would see the light.! ;D

There are better games.. its just that your clan isn't playing them.

Chili-Palmer ]

I think it all comes down to who you are playing with.. because honestly if i owned a PS3 i would play this shitty game still, but since i dont own a PS3 i can step away & see that it is NOT worth it.

Like i said if i owned a PS3 i would play it just to hang & play with my clan.. that alone is what makes it worth it.. now if you can get your clan/friends to play something else, you would see the light.! ;D

We were having this discussion as well. If the name was not SOCOM, we all would have stopped playing this a long time ago. Don't get me wrong it can be a great game.....But it has a long way to go.

sss.png

Chili-Palmer ]

That's why every week, the Mass is probably the best thing on Socom :D