5 page articale on MAG

IRISH BULL ]

Why is everyone here so against FPS? Is it because its not like SOOCM or is it something else. Because IMO, FPS is more realistic than TPS.

Don't start flaming me, I'm just curious.

I could care less about the realism aspect. For me, FPS is just a pain in the ass. If they could make the view bigger or something so the peripheral vision is better, it might be better. I hate getting stuck on shit I can't see. I am forever getting killed in FPS games because my foot is stuck on a 3 inch ledge.

IRISH BULL ]

Why is everyone here so against FPS? Is it because its not like SOOCM or is it something else. Because IMO, FPS is more realistic than TPS.

It has nothing to do with SOCOM unless you mean that it's not Third Person, in which case you answered your own question. They just plain don't like the camera view of FPS, same as someone saying they don't like racing games like Midnight Club.

IRISH BULL ]
UNCLE-SID25 ]

Looks good to me. FPS, TPS whatever. Thats like crying about C or D cups- Just let me get my hands on em and its all good. ;D

Great comparison. I agree. Both TPS and FPS have their drawbacks.

Exactly.. I have to say i HATED FPS, i was a socom addict too, but now that i have been off the juice for a while, i am getting used to FPS, & it isn't bad, people actually have to stick their head out to shoot at you, & they cant just wait behind a corner to pop out at you, there are LOTS of advantages that i never realized, but you do have to get used to watching where you step, as you can get hung up on stupid small shit.

But ultimately now that i have gotten used to it, i don't mind it at all.! (i might even say i prefer the realism) ;D

Nice analogy SiD. ;)

My only problem with FPS is that they are always respawn. I just always have loved socom for its round based 1 life per round aspect. I like playing a demolition match and killing the other team and then moving up with the bomb when we our guys outnumber the other team. In respawn the other team just keeps coming back to life every second, its just not fun to me personally. Sure sometimes respawn is fun for like 10 to 20 minutes but damn when that is all a game is its get old quick to me. To me respawn is more for the 12 year old kids that cant sit still 5 seconds. In respawn their is no penalty for dieing. You can just rush and die over and over because in 1 second you will comeback to life.

IRISH BULL ]

Don't start flaming me, I'm just curious.

FPS makes me queasy, like getting sea sick. I can't play it more than an hour and I have to stop. CoD, Quantum of Solace, both do the same thing to me. Plus, that obstruction in the middle of my screen (the gun) isn't realistic either. Looking down the sights of a gun, I don't see my hand, the front stock, and barrel end, just see the sights and the target.

I hear ya Hog, but CoD isn't as bad as others.

I always felt the same way, but i remember when i first picked up CoD4 it wasn't as bad as older games like Battlefield, or even Half Life 2, etc.. It felt as if i had more peripheral vision.

xScoFieldx ]

My only problem with FPS is that they are always respawn. I just always have loved socom for its round based 1 life per round aspect. I like playing a demolition match and killing the other team and then moving up with the bomb when we our guys outnumber the other team. In respawn the other team just keeps coming back to life every second, its just not fun to me personally. Sure sometimes respawn is fun for like 10 to 20 minutes but damn when that is all a game is its get old quick to me. To me respawn is more for the 12 year old kids that cant sit still 5 seconds. In respawn their is no penalty for dieing. You can just rush and die over and over because in 1 second you will comeback to life.

Totally understandable, I HATE respawn, but i still play FPS all day long in one life rounds.

Don't automatically put FPS in with respawn. Hell, Socom has respawn too.

In CoD, Search & Destroy is always no Respawn, and if you play Hardcore FF is automatically on, etc.. And if you play in private or even in party mode there are no annoying kids either. ;D

Chili-Palmer ]

I hear ya Hog, but CoD isn't as bad as others.

I always felt the same way, but i remember when i first picked up CoD4 it wasn't as bad as older games like Battlefield, or even Half Life 2, etc.. It felt as if i had more peripheral vision.

xScoFieldx ]

Totally understandable, I HATE respawn, but i still play FPS all day long in one life rounds.

Don't automatically put FPS in with respawn. Hell, Socom has respawn too.

In CoD, Search & Destroy is always no Respawn, and if you play Hardcore FF is automatically on, etc.. And if you play in private or even in party mode there are no annoying kids either. ;D

i love CoD4 the FPS rocks.. i dont like third that much cause of the camping...two feet behing a corner and still be able to watch even right behind it, go prone in front of a 4 foot wall and still be able to see the whole map...

FPS more realistic, better aiming, running sideways in battles doesnt work,<<<

Nacku you complain cause you cant see your feet...<<< can you watch your feet without looking down? can you see where you're stepping without looking? if you can then you're a fucking alien, or have eyes on your chin.

if you're stuck in something look down.

respawns are a bitch i do hate those..Mag will definatelly be pro respawn why?? are you going to wait till 120 people kill each other on an elimination?

FPS>>>FTW ;D