*****SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT BY URGENT FURY*****

I'll dig the hole and bow my head.

this is a great communitee of fair gamers, sorry to see life has gotten in the way of the managment. Hopefully some one will step up to the challenge of running it. Sometimes change is a good thing. Any chance You guys could just take a year off or something, put the torney's on hold? Nm, Im guess ing you guys have tossed that idea around already. Anyway I had fun the lil bit of time I spent here, for the most part. Good Luck [uF]...

How about a 10 clan battle for ownership?

$250 a clan, winner takes all....

Ok I'm outta here... maybe I'll see you guys in MAG or somthing...

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shadowboxin- ]
bizzyb0t ]

I think if some folks got together, it'd be easy to get the highest bid as a group. Just think, even 5 people with $500 doubles the minimum bid. Don't be cheap you bastards!

Did everybody really miss this mathematical genius LOL

$2500 somehow doubles $2500

Better double count that 20K again ;D

LOL.. bad math indeed but in his defense Math isn’t always right….example…

So three hunters get their tents torn up by a pack of wolverines and needing a hotel they drive down to town and check into the only hotel in town.

Only having $10 each they are relieved to find out the price of a room is only $30. They each pony up their $10 and decide to share the room.

Settling in for the night, the bellhop knocks on the door and announces there was a special this week and the room was only $25. Here is your $5 back.

Trying to decide how to split $5 between three guys they decide to give the bellhop a $2 tip and each receive a dollar back.. Now lets do the math…

If the each got a dollar back then they each paid $9 for the room.

3 x 9 is 27

they gave the bellhop $2

27 + 2 = 29

What happened to the other dollar?

dillemma_ ]

If the cost was reduced to $25 then they each paid $8.33.

8.33 * 3 = 25...rounded up

2 to the bellhop

1 to each hunter

$30

right?...lol :-\

close you're on the right track..

the problem lies within the .33333333333 to infinity... and the so called rounding up..

Math isn't perfect because you can't quantify infinity.

Its a ..... wait for it...

dilemma! LOL

Man that really f*cked with my head for a while there Goat.. lol

Dont add the $2 tip to their total spent. (the $2 is included)

They paid $27 Total, Including the tip. ;)

They got $1 back each (x3)

$27 + $3 = $30

Room was $25

Tip was $2

Change $1 x 3

Chili-Palmer ]

Man that really f*cked with my head for a while there Goat.. lol

Dont add the $2 tip to their total spent. (the $2 is included)

They paid $27 Total, Including the tip. ;)

They got $1 back each (x3)

$27 + $3 = $30

Room was $25

Tip was $2

Change $1 x 3

Look at the Big Brain on Brad... ;) ;D

MaluNYMets ]

I just hope who ever decides to get involved understands just buying it and putting money together is 1 percent of the work. There are a lot more things people need to worry about then that.

In your view, yes. In practice, the guy who buys it owns it and can use it as expensive toilet paper if they want.

That Chaos Tactics could buy it just to make sure it's shut down, for instance.

There are no moral strings attached to any commercial transactions of that sort.

EternalFury ]
MaluNYMets ]

I just hope who ever decides to get involved understands just buying it and putting money together is 1 percent of the work. There are a lot more things people need to worry about then that.

In your view' date=' yes. In practice, the guy who buys it owns it and can use it as expensive toilet paper if they want.

There are no moral strings attached to any commercial transactions of that sort.

[/quote']

keep that crapy tournament off these pages. NO ONE here would want them to buy UF. AND i mean Nobody

Deadly-Intent ]
EternalFury ]
MaluNYMets ]

In your view' date=' yes. In practice, the guy who buys it owns it and can use it as expensive toilet paper if they want.

[/quote']

keep that crapy tournament off these pages. NO ONE here would want them to buy UF. AND i mean Nobody

I guess you're true about that. But, how would you prevent it? That dude could have a shill do the transaction on his behalf.

I don't think thats true. I mean anyone who wants to dish out the money to buy it obviously is looking for it to run successfully. If their buying it to shut it down I think they have some problems with them. BUT you person or team that buys it must have the capabilities to run it as well. If they don't it won't work out. It might for a bit.

The unfortunate thing (and I really hope this topic doesnt go sour) is that Shadow is actually a straight up cool ass guy, and he has a tainted rep here for no good reason really.

Not tryin to start anything with anyone, or bring up the past yada yada yada

But alot of the reasons that the UF community have disliked this person or that person is because it trickled down from the top, and then the community well.. just had to accept it.

ok, thats my 2 cents on shadow, and ct.

carry on

NEO-X- ]

Ill never understand why you do it goat... but if u didn't... you wouldn't be the goat we all know and love ;)

Lol

LMAO!! thanks ... errr I think? :)

on the math thing.. yes you can re-word it and make the math work but like the figures dilemma used the problem illustrates the big fallibility with Mathematics when trying to deal with Imaginary numbers in a real world.. three guys pay $25 for a room.. how much did each pay.. 8.33333 to infinity X 3 will never be exactly 25 dollars.. no matter how close it comes.. yet the hotel owner has exactly 25 dollars.

in other words for slower members (like Prime! :P) how much did each hunter pay the bellhop 2/3 is .6666~ yet if they each pay .66 cents the bellhop would only have $1.98.

the story (problem) just demonstrates the inexact way that mathematics deals with imaginary numbers. Its akin to all things in the universe... thinking on it too long will drive you nuts.. sort of like trying to imagine how the entire universe was once contained within a space of molecular size.

p.s. as for why I goat ahead and posted this crazy crap..? I always goat all philosophical and shit when I'm trying to handle bad news.. Remembering that the only thing I really know is I know nothing seems to help in some weird way. 8)

Goat ]
NEO-X- ]

Ill never understand why you do it goat... but if u didn't... you wouldn't be the goat we all know and love ;)

Lol

LMAO!! thanks ... errr I think? :)

on the math thing.. yes you can re-word it and make the math work but like the figures dilemma used the problem illustrates the big fallibility with Mathematics when trying to deal with Imaginary numbers in a real world.. three guys pay $25 for a room.. how much did each pay.. 8.33333 to infinity X 3 will never be exactly 25 dollars.. no matter how close it comes.. yet the hotel owner has exactly 25 dollars.

in other words for slower members (like Prime! :P) how much did each hunter pay the bellhop 2/3 is .6666~ yet if they each pay .66 cents the bellhop would only have $1.98.

the story (problem) just demonstrates the inexact way that mathematics deals with imaginary numbers. Its akin to all things in the universe... thinking on it too long will drive you nuts.. sort of like trying to imagine how the entire universe was once contained within a space of molecular size.

p.s. as for why I goat ahead and posted this crazy crap..? I always goat all philosophical and shit when I'm trying to handle bad news.. Remembering that the only thing I really know is I know nothing seems to help in some weird way. 8)

Umm...I am sorry, but you can write 8.33333... as (25 / 3) and keep using that in your calculation to get an accurate result.

What you are pointing to is a limitation of computers and calculators, not a limitations of Mathematics.

So, in that example...

They each paid (25 / 3) dollars.

So, they paid: (25 / 3) * 3 = $25

They each got a dollar back:

$25 + $1 * 3 = $28

They gave a dollar to the bellhop:

$28 + $2 = $30

$30 in the beginning. $30 in the end.

;D

EternalFury ]

So, in that example...

They each paid (25 / 3) dollars.

So, they paid: (25 / 3) * 3 = $25

They each got a dollar back:

$25 + $1 * 3 = $28

They gave a dollar to the bellhop:

$28 + $2 = $30

$30 in the beginning. $30 in the end.

Fail. lol

Neo, i dont think Shadow/TNU is looked at in a bad way here, just CT and that is all teeny's fault.

I have known Shadow for a long time, & knew that merger was a bad idea. That was about the same day that i became staff here. lol