Feedback for the Ronin tourney

We here at UF are very interested in feedback for all of our tournaments.

We'd like to know your thoughts on the current addition to Urgent Fury, UF: Ronin.

We'd like to know from both those who played (your experience in it thus far) as well as those who declined to play (and what your reasoning may have been, either personal, community-based or otherwise).

Your thoughts help us fine-tune tournaments, especially new ones, so that we can determine whether or not a particular tourney could or should be a permanent carousel schedule here at Urgent Fury.

All thoughts are welcome and we thank you for your time in posting them.

Take care. ;)

- TOW

I think Ronin is a wonderful addition to the community. I like the change of pace that Ronin provides with its 1v1 structure. I also enjoy the flexibility of the three day "sets" that is provided. The buy-in was practically pennies while the prize is definitely something of nice value (although the Champion title would be priceless). In a community that values honor and respect, I believe Ronin will be a huge success and will create the desire for single elimination tournaments of all kinds. I personally would love to see a rotation of single elimination tournaments like this hit the shelves.

It is a cool concept, tho it seemed highly rushed to get first match in? I have my schedule already set long before the time the ronin was started and match time limits were announced. I pretty much had to change plans around and, after almost a month of break, just pick up the controller and warm up during the match lol

CDBS14 ]

i thought it was great' date=' 1v1 are awesome but maybe a score to reach might be better than just 5 lives.

[/quote']

ye i agree i think 5 lives isnt enough to determine a winner, i would prefer an actual free-for-all match first to 30 kills and small intense maps, i like bieng able to talk to your opponent during the match but the rules say TDM so u cant... otherwise great tourny and hope it stays

from everything I've been hearing out of Ronin participants, I think I definatly missed out. Like Red, I love the idea of 1-3 man tournaments. I didn't play this time around, because I didn't believe I would have the time. IMO, I like double elim format a little better, but whatever works works for me. I didn't read all the rules and match set-ups, so I didn't know it was TDM. FFA would probably be a little cooler, then you can try an bait/psyche out your opponent.

I'm really enjoying it thus far. It is a great outlet for meeting players of the UF community in a 1v1 atmosphere. I think it would be really cool for it to be FFA, so we could talk during the match. We have a very respectful community, so I doubt this would come with many/any issues. Thus far, I'm really enjoying myself. :)

I think its a great addition to UF. Like Red said, I think 2v2 and 3v3 would also be good. I am also in agreement that there should be some time limit....my match wasn't long but I tell you I wouldn't want to play for an hour or hour and a half. Maybe use S&D where you have two plant areas and a clear objective with a time set and switch every round.

I really like the idea of flying solo and running on your own and making your own tactical decisions, when so many other tournaments have a team atmosphere. What I would suggest is having minimally four players per match and make it a FFA, with a score goal of 20 kills or so. Having 3+ other targets may cut down on the camping. Possibly have the top two scorers move on.

I think this also may open up interesting connections between members of different clans. For example if there were 4 players per match. I could get on the UF forums and PM one of my opponents and say "Hey let's work together and both try to move on in this one." BUT with the FFA game setup it makes for a CBS:Survivor like feel where you question whether you can trust anybody. I think if community members are able to understand its simply a game and nothing is personal, such a setup could really make for some intriguing situations.

I like the 1 vs 1. Really lets you play your game. As some others have said I would pay to just get a chance at having the title of NUMBER ONE. That is more that enough for me. I would like to see a time limit or some way to control that. I rushed around like a moron and lost my CoD war. But I had a good time.

As for everyone with the 1-3 player I remember them trying that with UF Breakout. We couldn't get it done. I think that would be great if we could use the 3 players from our own clan. That might have helped.IMO