And the coooold has begun

Tonight, Chicago here is supposed to hit 30-40 below zero before Friday afternoon breaking the cold snap to about 10 degrees.

And yeah, that's what we consider 'breaking the cold snap.'

Walking to my car this morning, just a block away, I started to feel a headache creeping in. Doesn't take too long in this harsh weather.

Undertow ]

Tonight, Chicago here is supposed to hit 30-40 below zero before Friday afternoon breaking the cold snap to about 10 degrees.

And yeah, that's what we consider 'breaking the cold snap.'

Walking to my car this morning, just a block away, I started to feel a headache creeping in. Doesn't take too long in this harsh weather.

This is something I'm honestly not sure about, but I've heard that 60% of the body's heat escapes via your head. Is that true?

If this is the case I hope everyone is wearing a hat in this weather!

Lockdown ]
BacklasH ]

It's currently -5 here and is supposed to drop down to -17 later today into the overnight hours. The windchill here is going to be anywhere from -30 to -45 below. :-X :-X :-X

Screw that! That crap is heading for Ohio and I'm not at all interested! :-\

I know.... the first big snow all year.... and we have to deal with below zero temperatures.

CDBS14 ]

i am not going to school tomorrow' date=' my sister got sick and well i have to stay now, WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote']

COD4? I haven't made the move to WaW yet

And I totally know what you mean shark, I wanted to get outside and do something in this snow, my ass isn't going anywhere from this house unless I have to. I can stand cold but not that kind of cold!

Neoblackhound ]

We are having some pretty weather lately over here in Cali, 2days ago it was 78 yesterday was 72 today should be 69 but all in all nice weather.

I hate you!!

LOL y/k bro.

here in the frozen tundra its.. -22 wind chill of -34 and it isn't even night time yet...

Minnesota Nice.. yeah more like Minnesota ICE.

Heard about the four people who died here in MN this winter.?

The all got to a four way stop at the same time...

You go.. no you go.. NO I insist you go ahead.. no you.. ::)

They froze to death.

What do Minnesotan's do in the summer?

It depends on if it falls on a weekend or not. ;)

Ironically...

Today had a high of ~40 degrees here in Anchorage, Alaska. A couple of warm fronts have come through melting a lot of snow. The only problem is that nightime brings temps back to freezing or lower... meaning that every morning for the past few days has meant almost everything (my SUV included) is covered in ice.

Crazy stuff.