SOCOM: Confrontation 1.50 Update

SOCOM: Confrontation 1.50 Update

Posted by SOCOM: Confrontation Online Team

In addition to Tournaments, Clan Ladders and the Calendar, the team at Slant Six has been busy adding new community requested features to the 1.50 update. The following items have been confirmed for the 1.50 update with additional items to come:

Added the ability to join directly into a friend's game off of the friend's list.

Added password protected custom games.

Drastically improved the weapon selection ring. You can now move while selecting weapons and the weapon selection is much faster and more accurate.

Slightly reduced the Famas accuracy.

Improved the damage of the Desert Eagle. One shot kill with light and medium armor.

Improved sniper rifle damage. One shot kills with bolt action rifles on light and medium armor.

Fixed a large number of level exploits.

Channel names are sorted alphabetically by default.

Reduced the long fade in at the beginning of rounds to less than 1 second (the "darkness" is gone).

Added a 30 second game start timer to games when greater than 60% of the players ready up.

Clan patches are now displayed on your character in-game.

Clan tags are now displayed with your player name in-game.

Added center markers to all scopes and changed the color of the crosshairs so that they are visible at night.

Kill cam stops following target after 5 seconds.

Button prompts in death cam fade out after 5 seconds.

Target Spotting now defaults to off.

Weapons selected in-game are not saved to your custom loadout.

We'll have more information and details about the 1.50 update as the plans get finalized.

SOCOM: Confrontation Online Team

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hellraiser ]

you know that with all they are changing in this patch, i bet there is going to be one huge fuckup LOL!!

Yup there is gonna be a HUGE FUCK UP!

Terr will be in Seal Suits

If you kill the host of the game the remaining players on his side die

If a player kills himself the game will be over

If you plant the bomb or get a control point outside the green circle the game freeze and everybody that was in that room can't get on SOCOM for 48hrs or more.

Just to name a few fuck up's I am sure to happen lol

HogWild ]

Stop the UPDATES. I'm tired of re-learning the game after each update.

The game has faults. I understand. Please stop switching the faults around.

Does /Sux have no soul?

how can you look at that list and not believe that those features will drastically improve the game? I am very impressed with that list and look forward to its deployment.

KingJunK ]
Hellraiser ]

you know that with all they are changing in this patch, i bet there is going to be one huge fuckup LOL!!

Yup there is gonna be a HUGE FUCK UP!

Terr will be in Seal Suits

If you kill the host of the game the remaining players on his side die

If a player kills himself the game will be over

If you plant the bomb or get a control point outside the green circle the game freeze and everybody that was in that room can't get on SOCOM for 48hrs or more.

Just to name a few fuck up's I am sure to happen lol

This already happens, i've noticed it when someone switches sides RIGHT as the game starts up. It seems like the game pre-loads your character's appearance. Once the sides switch at halftime it rights itself, but its definitely goofy.

1.50 looks like the "golden" patch that should have been what was pressed on the game disk for the initial US launch.

Let's just hope that once the 1.50 patch is released, the promised DLC will start rolling in.

I'm also envisioning a lot of clans switching from French to another faction, lol.

As for the other stuff in patch 1.50, I'm VERY curious what the new cross-hairs in the scopes look will look like. I was one of the people who actually like the medium scope because it was the least obstructive scope-- perfect for sniping through narrow spaces and shooting limbs.

I'm hoping for a fully (as in every button/stick) customizable controller scheme because I'm left-handed, nothing seems to "fit" right. I want full and complete control. I'd like them to give a controller option to "opt-out" of the D-pad lean. I'd also like more precise choices for button assignment For instance, removing the taunts button and replacing it with a "quick select 2" button! ;D

Lol, now that they changed the FAMAS, I wonder what gun everyone will bitch about next? Or what will be the new gun of choice?

Socom1: M4A1 SD

Socom2: IW 80

Socom3 & CA: F90

Socom Confrontation: FAMAS G2 "Insert New Gun Here"

or maybe nobody will talk shit about guns anymore, then it wouldn't really be soocom anymore lol.