SOCOM: Confrontation 1.50 Update

I hope that all they do with the scopes is give them all the crosshairs they deserve and nothing more. I don't want them to do anything fancy and make it just stupid. If all of them have a nice + in the middle, I'm perfectly fine with that.

I still wouldn't worry about DLC, even with this patch.

DLC shouldn't even be considered until.. well.. "Teh 17"

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HIGH_TIMESsw ]

Lol' date=' now that they changed the FAMAS, I wonder what gun everyone will bitch about next? Or what will be the new gun of choice?

Socom1: M4A1 SD

Socom2: IW 80

Socom3 & CA: F90

Socom Confrontation: FAMAS G2 "Insert New Gun Here"

or maybe nobody will talk shit about guns anymore, then it wouldn't really be soocom anymore lol.

[/quote']

lol when in socom 1 was the m4a1 a noob gun? i just remember it being that huge fuckin machine gun, and the f90. and socom 2 i think it was between the iw80, m14(near the end of s2) and f90

Socom 2 M-14 took skill to use. Only 20 bullets and it had crazy recoil.

Socom 3 F90 took no skill. You hold it down and aim in the direction and one of the 50 bullets goes into the skull.

I think the 2 M-14 was more of a "best gun" while 3's F90 was a "noob gun"

Socom 2 noob gun definitely had to be the IW

Calling something a noob weapon, is the same as those who complain when someone is up in the round count and dont' run around and make easy targets of themselves and those complaining forget that they were camping to begin with and got behind in the round count that way.

It's all to make you play the game on their terms. Used to be only two indisputable facts, that being death and taxes. We can add a 3rd. SOCOM has whiners, always had, always will.

I admit that I am excited about some of the things that they listed but I believe there are 4 VERY important things that have not been addressed, at least by /6.

1: Player connection indicator - NOT room!!! Like Warhawk OR COD4.

2: Grenade inconsistancy!! This to me is amazingly BAD now!!

3: Mic freeze is back with a vengance!!

4: Losing sound and boot issue. I have not had it happen since 1.42(at least I don't remember) but I hear a LOT of people saying it is happening A LOT to them!

inadub ]

Why are people still bitter about this? The game didnt launch right.. its being fixed as time goes by..Regardless of how it should have been im just glad its getting the attention it deserves.

I would like this to stay on a high level of discussion but seriously.... Does anybody else here view this as I do?

Don't get me wrong, if you like the game continue to play it. It's called "gaming" cause it's supposed to be fun and that really is the bottom line. It's completely ok if you "like" what the Socom series has become. It's also completely ok if you "don't like" what the Socom series has become.

Does anybody else dislike that every map has become whored out with every mode? I really enjoyed the mode specific maps......

Does it bother anybody else that here we are 4+ years from Socom 2 and what you have right now is 4 new maps?

Does it bother anybody else that the only DLC you have got from this latest version is patches to get the game to where it should have been launch day?

Does it bother anybody else that the rumor now for DLC is 1 new map and 3 old ones? Making 1 new and 3 old maps available for play on 5 different modes each is not 20 new maps. Its still only 1 new map (that most likely you'll have to pay for).

I try to stay out of these threads because its your right to like or not like something. But I refuse to believe people are this blind to not have these be legit issues within your Socom loyalty and gaming. Like I said, gaming is to be fun so do what makes you happy. But, I don't see how people can continue to be "shocked" that people have left this series and moved on. The numbers are WAY down and thats fact. I was on CoD:W@W last night and there was 84k on.

SHANE23 ]

I admit that I am excited about some of the things that they listed but I believe there are 4 VERY important things that have not been addressed, at least by /6.

1: Player connection indicator - NOT room!!! Like Warhawk OR COD4.

2: Grenade inconsistency!! This to me is amazingly BAD now!!

3: Mic freeze is back with a vengeance!!

4: Losing sound and boot issue. I have not had it happen since 1.42(at least I don't remember) but I hear a LOT of people saying it is happening A LOT to them!

I haven't had this problem until the 1.42 patch.

inadub ]

Why are people still bitter about this? The game didnt launch right.. its being fixed as time goes by..Regardless of how it should have been im just glad its getting the attention it deserves.

This wasn't a matter of the game not launching right, it was launched incomplete. Just about every game has its quirks and bugs when first released. Patch 1.50 is clearly the rest (I hope) of the game that should have been there before they took my $60 for it. Its now the principle of the thing. The lack of accountability on their part pisses me off.

I for one think the game is ok. I like to play mainly with my clan. The only reason I play most games is to play with the clan. I really do not sit and just play a single player game. So is the game incomplete...YES. Am I pissed that I payed for a Beta version of a game....YES. Am I pissed about the maps that came with the game....NO cause I never payed any of the other socoms so it is all new to me. Am I pissed they have not released an DLC to date yet.....Not really do games really have to release new shit for their games every 2 months.....your call. Should we have to play for the first DLC that comes out......NO FRIGGIN WAY.....for our pain and suffereing with an incomplete game at launch.

There you have it my 2 cents.....however I am canadian so it is really only worth 1.75 cents

The bottom line is that most people are acting like the patch is going to fix everything.. hasn't A LOT of these issues been in previous patches.?

Why all of a sudden is this the golden patch, if any of the previous patches worked correctly they might have been golden too.!

Also for anyone who says "its not that bad".. it because you are getting used to it, & are NOT playing any of the other games that are out because they dont feel right, but trust US they are much better.!! (you just need to give them time to make them feel comfortable) ;D

just my opinion

There are games that are fun to play and I have a whole shelf of them collecting dust, but the truth

is that Socom seems to be one of a kind, and everyone can complain all they want (since thats just

what people who play socom do) but you are not going to find the same experience anywhere else, and thats why you can quit Socrack, but only for so long.

HIGH_TIMESsw ]

There are games that are fun to play and I have a whole shelf of them collecting dust' date=' but the truth

is that Socom seems to be one of a kind, and everyone can complain all they want (since thats just

what people who play socom do) but you are not going to the same experience anywhere else, and thats why you can quit Socrack, but only for so long.

[/quote']

x2, its a retarded game but it just keeps pulling me back in

Wiz, all that stuff you said is true about the game. No arguements from me. However :

HIGH_TIMESsw ]

There are games that are fun to play and I have a whole shelf of them collecting dust' date=' but the truth

what people who play socom do) but you are not going to find the same experience anywhere else, and thats why you can quit Socrack, but only for so long.

[/quote']

That's how it is for me too. The only game I haven't given a chance since Socom's release is KZ2. That's because it's gay. ;D

There seriously isn't anything else that captures my attention as often. I played COD4 because my clan did, and I played it for 3 tournaments. However, I started loggin in less and less as time went on. It was just too much RNG and got very boring. Now I do like that other games eventually work online(for Sony), and Socom still isn't yet, but even broken I still like it more than the alternatives.

Chili-Palmer ]

The bottom line is that most people are acting like the patch is going to fix everything.. hasn't A LOT of these issues been in previous patches.?

Why all of a sudden is this the golden patch, if any of the previous patches worked correctly they might have been golden too.!

When I said "golden", you'll notice that I put it in quotes. Not golden as in perfect, but as in complete. ;)

Even complete games can get patches or added content (a la Burnout) but SOCOM Confrontation is the first game to come out with "missing" features stated in the manual. Although I see no mention of the "voice messaging" in this patch. It's early though, so maybe they'll add it it along the way.

lol it was a test and we all are the lab rats. Now SOE knows it is possible to make 50% of a game via patches. >:(

But hey if it is complete with in 30 days it will be in line with my timeline I made about 6 months ago (someone look it up if they want- It might scare you lol) Downloadable maps in late fall/ early holiday season I predict.

I have played all kinds of shooters but socom even in current state has certain quality to its gameplay that other games dont. Its what make me come back and keep playing. There is no other game outhere with what 5 maps and bugs that socom confrontation has that would keep me interested this long.

I think we all enjoy playing tactical games, and while other game try to sell them self as "tactical" i dont think they really are. While socom definitly has that going for it, and i think that is the part that we all gravitate to and keep coming back even when the game is broken we still find it fun to play.

SOCOM along side of Rainbow Six: Black Arrow are my all time favorite games, and between these two i have spend more game hours then any other game i have tried.

I cant wait for 1.50 to drop. :)