The Ads causing virus attacks

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pathogen- ]

ooo norton antivirus is the weak sauce. I know someone that WORKS for them' date=' and he refuses to use it.

i have bitdefender, but even w/out it my firefox blocks the pop ups. I haven't had any issues with the ads other than the fact that it makes the site look cheap

[/quote']

ah well i already paid for it not a thing i can do about it now lol guess ill take your advice and find new software once this runs out

• Directors

Ok guys, they now have all the information that they need... I have disabled all third party advertisers and even our internal ads like KontrolFreek while they trace this...

So starting at 6 am CST... if you continue to get the virus ads, survey pop ups, etc... post up and let me know...

we are going to do this for the next 12 to 24 hours...

If everything is working right we should just have blank spots at the top and bottom.

• Directors

Ok we are going to test our ad agency now for the next 2 hours... It is very important for you guys to let me know if the problems come back

• Directors

Chaka... what did it do to your computer... it was an ad that puts a fake imige on the screen saying that you have a virus...

This is very important to know

I haven't seen it yet.

And I allowed the following scripts and checked each.. everything looks fine now. On my pc anyway.

Scripts running...

Google-analytics.com

Contextweb.com

Cpmstar.com

Quantserve.com

Adjuggler.com

Zedo.com

Scorecardsearch.com

Gamersmedia.com

Ad-mediaservers.net

Urgentfury.com

Willy and a few others that have posted the screen shots of the virus doctor trojan follow this guide and it should get rid of it.

Automated Removal Instructions for Virus Doctor using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

Print out these instructions as we will need to close every window that is open later in the fix.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, or MBAM, from the following location and save it to your desktop:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Download Link

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/malwarebytes/mbam-setup.exe

Once downloaded, close all programs and Windows on your computer, including this one.

Double-click on the icon on your desktop named mbam-setup.exe. This will start the installation of MBAM onto your computer.

When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the installation process. Do not make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure you leave both the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware checked. Then click on the Finish button.

MBAM will now automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program before performing a scan. As MBAM will automatically update itself after the install, you can press the OK button to close that box and you will now be at the main program .

On the Scanner tab, make sure the the Perform quick scan option is selected and then click on the Scan button to start scanning your computer for Virus Doctor related files.

MBAM will now start scanning your computer for malware. This process can take quite a while, so we suggest you go and do something else and periodically check on the status of the scan.

You should click on the OK button to close the message box and continue with the VirusDoctor removal process.

You will now be back at the main Scanner screen. At this point you should click on the Show Results button.

A screen displaying all the malware that the program found will be shown .

You should now click on the Remove Selected button to remove all the listed malware. MBAM will now delete all of the files and registry keys and add them to the programs quarantine. When removing the files, MBAM may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot, please allow it to do so. Once your computer has rebooted, and you are logged in, please continue with the rest of the steps.

When MBAM has finished removing the malware, it will open the scan log and display it in Notepad. Review the log as desired, and then close the Notepad window.

You can now exit the MBAM program.

Your computer should now be free of the VirusDoctor program. If your current anti-virus solution let this infection through, you may want to consider purchasing the PRO version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to protect against these types of threats in the future.

• Directors

ok Here is the deal guys... I need to know about anything you see TODAY we are running one Advertiser today to test to see if they are the source....

So do not post up past issues we need to know about today

This is a perfect example of why Macs will always be superior to PC bullshit. You NEVER and I mean NEVER have ANY of this type of bull crap with a Mac. PC's are too easy to hack into. Buy a Mac and problem solved people. ;D

Edit: I realize this post wasn't very helpful. It's just in the 12 years I've been running Mac OS, I've never had to worry about any ad ware attacking my computer. People say, well Macs are expensive... but what's that worth to you? All the aggravation over the years and having to waste time installing this BS... what's that worth to you?

Ok 11:20am est this morning I was actually reading page then went back to top and hit "Show unread messages since last visit and this is what I get:

ufsite1.jpg

I click on the little red X to close it then it brings this up:

UFsite2.jpg

The only way i could get it to go away was to close my browser completely