All Clans.. Please Read..

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all i gotta say, is that i love SCK, but its a bold statement to make the claim that he pioneered those things. Clan kill media sounds alot like what DV8 did. as well, there were millions of CSS and Teamfortress clans out there decades before any of the console stuff came out and i garentee he wasnt the first.

im not saying that to put him down, i just always give respect to those that paved the way for internet gaming which was people like Fata1ity, and other professional gaming clans.

so with that being said, i take no sides in this and think, as will many, that this is a private matter. and so therefore i display my shame face. *my shame face is full of shame*

Im sorry is he saying he INVENTED the idea of a flash website? And he INVENTED that idea of the sigs matching the website? So he is saying every established clan here with matching sigs copied him? Plus isnt it the same guy who was asked to remove stuff from his own site as it originally came from an IMD design and that regularly encourages IMD's now Mystic Digitals work? And am I not mistaken that the DK site was designed by imd?

Oh and im sorry but there are PLENTY of PC gaming clans who did Podcasts once iTunes came about before SCK. And as soon as Cafe press came out years ago clans were making merchandise. TNU had our up 2-3 Years back before ever hearing of SCK. Im sorry but I cannot stand that someone wants to take credit for every trendy idea in the gaming world when it comes to clans.

COWonCRACK ]

all i gotta say, is that i love SCK, but its a bold statement to make the claim that he pioneered those things. Clan kill media sounds alot like what DV8 did. as well, there were millions of CSS and Teamfortress clans out there decades before any of the console stuff came out and i garentee he wasnt the first.

im not saying that to put him down, i just always give respect to those that paved the way for internet gaming which was people like Fata1ity, and other professional gaming clans.

so with that being said, i take no sides in this and think, as will many, that this is a private matter. and so therefore i display my shame face. *my shame face is full of shame*

i stand with COW on this one, back when i was in a cod1 and BF2/2142 clan we had matching sigs. BTW I SHOOK HANDS WITH Fata1ity ONCE ;D ;D

CDBS14 ]
COWonCRACK ]

all i gotta say' date=' is that i love SCK, but its a bold statement to make the claim that he pioneered those things. Clan kill media sounds alot like what DV8 did. as well, there were millions of CSS and Teamfortress clans out there decades before any of the console stuff came out and i garentee he wasnt the first.

[/quote']

i stand with COW on this one, back when i was in a cod1 and BF2/2142 clan we had matching sigs. BTW I SHOOK HANDS WITH Fata1ity ONCE ;D ;D

DUDE AND UR HANDS BEEN INSIDE MY ASSHOLE!!!!!! ZOMG!!! its like i had sex with fata1ity!

and just so we are clear, i still do and always will love SCK, and i dont think my post was in anyway hostile. as i stated i just always make sure people remember the guys before us, because there is many.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

so i am curious mets. are you attacking SCK, or the poster in particular? my second questin would be, if you have this grievance, why dont you take it to your forums, and leave it out of these ones. there are far better places to deal with things like this.

No I just think its messed up and its an attack on all clans. It doesn't matter who wrote it any where. Its not just directed to my clan but all clans that have a website, War Room or any sort of media productions. I think its something that the community should know about it. It's posted up on several different community sites so I figured I would do it here also.

I just wanted to post it up for healthy debate just like I said what do you all think of this.

101 got their war room from Rage from SHO the one that "PIONEERED" the clan engine. LOL

Critikil this is pretty arrogant. I thought you were better then this. I respect you, as I am the one that came to you guys, to come to UF, but really why post this on your forums?

Do you have a problem with these guys that you felt compelled to post this? Have you ever talked to Whitesky or Malu? As in played the game and had some fun along wide of them. They are some pretty good guys to get along with. I jsut don't understand this type of behavior.

And you guys posting about whether or not this should be posted here. It is a public forum. It will, at the end of this month, be someone else's public forum. I think this is a good ground for debate and to bring up questions to why someone would make accusations and bold statements if they are involved here.

Just my thoughts

SOTG was doing the Dog Tags thing back in S2. If anyone remembers here that clan had well over 200 players. A lot of what they did trickled around to a lot of other clans we all see today. I keep seeing images in clans that look real familiar. Plus we had the Platoons which just about everyone has. I don't want to make it sound like SOTG originated all that because ideas were probably used from other clans. We used the Platoons out of need because of the 200+ players. But it was also just how clans were run.

Anyone know about Sea Snipers? There the clan that wrote the Strategy Guides for Socom. They also was the ones making the online Socom Maps. They also made available the players Tactcal White Board where you could use with conjunction with those Maps. And then SS's website was one of the most inivated (sp) I had ever seen. If anyone took ideas I am sure it could easily be trickled down from them.

And then should we forget Undertow and Sniper. I wonder how many of there ideas are passed around. I'm waiting for a real good Tac-Map to pop up that's not by them.

My point is to claim you invented or patented these ideas in clans is a ignorant statement because those things wer already being used. Now the website script who knows ol' boy might have stole the idea and thats another issue. But then if it's not a copy written thing then oh well thanks for the idea.

i really dont see what's that problem.. if you're playing socom and find a sweet spot. the guy spectating will use it later.Online gaming console was a success.. now all consoles have it. A car had AC integrated on it.. now every car does.I assume there was a clan that had it's on website... now most of them do.

you cant show good ideas and think that no one else will use them.if something is cool or successful then others may try it. If you didn't patented it then you're fucked you have to deal with it.

im not hating on anybody as i also like SCK but im just saying that you cant accuse anybody so boldly.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

oh yeah, and by the way...when i was 8, i started a "clan" of neighborhood kids to play football on MY team, therefore i pioneered clans, therefore, nobody else can use em...

...well, i kinda copied from those guys in the bed sheets, but that dont count. they didnt have internet ;D

I invented holding my Playstation controller with my hands.. so all you fk'rs that use your hands better start paying me or learn how to use your feet. :P

Seriously though.. all that came to mind for me was "who cares?" its like recording music off the net.. they can do whatever they want to.. but it doesn't stop me from recording it.. if I can hear it I can record it. Plain and simple.

I miss the drama as much as anyone.. but this is sub-par drama even for UF. ;)

what I do know is both Sck and Divine knights are good honorable clans.. I'm not sure what this has to do with that? I think I'll just choose to ignore this thread.. its irrelevant.

p.s. Sea Snipers were the schit... I've copied all their maps they so graciously posted knowing we would copy them freely.. They never asked for appreciations but they have mine anyway.

Playerdown ]

It was too much to read so i skipped to the replies. LOL.

BTW, my web designer can beat up your web designer.

Same here, along with most of the replies.....

on that note, let the record stand straight I invinted the internet, internet gaming, socom clans, Your mothers and time itself all while trying to develop my plan to take of the world with a diabolical scheme involving the guy from the old fat boy slim video "Celebrate you baby" (which I also wrote).

• Directors

If you look at it in a realistic light..... Nothing ANYONE claims they came up with, is worth more than hot air without intellectual rights.....

So, that said, I invented Socom in My woods as a kid.