Patch 1.42

I didn't see this posted already but if so I apologize for repeating.

I am just putting this out there so everyone knows that this may be an issue with timing of wars. I hope it isn't.

http://blog.socom.com/en-us/

Patch 1.42 Update

Posted by SOCOM: Confrontation Online Team

Patch 1.42 is in final QA. We are targeting a release late next week, but this may change if any issues arise. Patch 1.42 addresses the following issues:

Fixed an issue where players were spawning in incorrect locations.

Fixed an issue where players who were voted out of a game were not removed from the game until the end of the round.

Addressed an issue where the ragdoll would sometimes receive extreme values.

Added some bandwidth optimizations to improve the overall on-line experience, especially under less than ideal network conditions. More bandwidth optimizations to come in future updates.

Patch 1.42 is an incremental patch which will be about 17MB for people who already have patch 1.41 installed.

We've been working in parallel on patch 1.50. We'll have some exciting new information about patch 1.50 next week.

to make them sound busy?? i dont know really.. however im sure each one addresses different things.. and really in the end they will probably be one big patch that will fix 10 things but break 25.. lol jk i actually dont have any issues w/ the game as of now except for the random freeze boots.. i get atleast 3 of them per night when i play.. and it freezes my ps3 up each time which i doubt can be good for my system

HogWild ]

What can they break this time....? Let's do some predictions.

Your grenades will now have a string attached, so that you can easily find it after you throw it.

VIP's will actually follow you.

When you get the VIP's into the extract, the helicopter will actually show up everytime.

You got it hog.. your grenades will now have a string attached unfournately it will be sort of like a yo-yo the grenade of course won't explode until it returns.

VIP's will actually follow you.. but only if you run in a straight line..

When you get the VIP's into the extract, the helicopter will actually show up.. and proceed to machine gun the VIP's.

More patches to come next week...

I'm just glad that they haven't given up...

At least they're not saying "fuck it" and moving on to the next game in the franchise.

That being said, they slow as fuck getting these patches out. It seems like they're dragging their feet. It's probably slow because they have to find a way to patch the game and undo tons of crap... basically recoding large parts of the game.

I'm looking forward to patch 1.42 as the ONLY issue I have been having since the 1.41 patch was the random spawns. Although it is fun to spawn on the enemy side and wreak some havoc, sorta like "Whack-a-Mole".

remember when we were all looking forward to 1.30.. that was like the motherload of patches.. and then... what...

oh yeah, thats right

FAIL

True, it was a disappointment but it did improve the game in a lot of ways. Well, except for changing the control scheme... but I've gotten used to it.

I think I'd be even more pissed if they stopped releasing patches completely and left us high and dry. Besides, I don't want them to do Big Things® with the patches, just fix stuff. The 1.30 patch hype was more caused by cheerleading fanbois and viral marketing hype. I've been keeping my expectations low and it;s been working out great ;)

I can see from your signature you no longer have a PS3 but you do have a 360. I hope you have your foil hat on nice and tight, so that the Bill Gates mind control rays can't get to you.

Tow is talking about the manual that came w/ the game that states on page 17 that Team Switching can be toggled on and off while making a room. I wonder if there was some programming glitch that made the game all screwy and maybe that is why it didnt make the final version of the game.. ?? Thought we wouldnt notice.. lol yea right.

Undertow ]

Page 17 all you forgetful Slant Six bitches.........

What the hell is the matter with you.

It's in PRINT, for chrissakes..... ::)

Lexaeus ]

page 17 of....

inadub ]

Tow is talking about the manual that came w/ the game that states on page 17 that Team Switching can be toggled on and off while making a room. I wonder if there was some programming glitch that made the game all screwy and maybe that is why it didnt make the final version of the game.. ?? Thought we wouldn't notice.. lol yea right.

People are forgetting that this is HUGE! They released a product where functions in their owners manual are missing! They should have never sold a product without mentioning this. They released this game as is and made us all believe that it was complete.

Release of Patch 1.42

Posted by SOCOM: Confrontation Online Team

Patch 1.42 has made it through the QA process and is ready to be released. It will be deployed after 2 a.m. (Pacific Time) on April 2nd.

As we announced last week, the patch will address the following issues:

Fixed an issue where players were spawning in incorrect locations.

Fixed an issue where players who were voted out of a game were not removed from the game until the end of the round.

Addressed an issue where the ragdoll would sometimes receive extreme values.

Added some bandwidth optimizations to improve the overall on-line experience, especially under less than ideal network conditions. More bandwidth optimizations to come in future updates.

As we also mentioned last week, we have already been working on Patch 1.5. We will give you more details on that later this week.

You can comment on this post here.