OBAMA OR MCCAIN WHO DO YOU CHOSE

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"War is an ugly thing, but it's not the ugliest thing. The decayed and degreading sense of moral and patriotic feeling is worse. A man that has nothing that he will fight for, nothing he cares about more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by better men than himself".

Jon Stuart Mill

"No man is justified in doing evil on the ground of expediency."

Theodore Roosevelt

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what can you do for your country."

John F. Kennedy

"Let them still have those hostages once I am President".

Ronald Reagan (speaking about the Iranian hostages that were released 2 days before his innaguration) after winning the election for President of the United States.

"This will not stand".

George W. Bush on 9-11-2001.

"We can't win" or "The war is lost".

John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Ried, Barrack Obama, Howard Dean, Joe Biden, Chris Dodd, Hillary Clinton. Different dates for each name.

"You can't blink".

Sarah Palin, 29 August 2008.

blah blah blah I have yet to see an argument against mine. I call it like I see it and I'm positive I'm not the only person/scholar out there that objectifies this same viewpoint. He may have killed people, but WAAAAAAAAY back when during the American Revolution so did American militiamen and others.

I defend his actions because the death's of innocent civilians was unintentional and you all want to point the finger at me but how many fucking innocent have we killed in Iraq and Afghanistan over this stupid ass war? That's the sole reason why the terrorists continue to plot against us, because we kill their innocent youth and women. And I know I'm not wrong on that matter. I'm not defending him for having taken innocent lives, I'm defending his actions because they were righteous against the federal government. And to those who say the Fed is all that is American...man you're some brainwashed fools, wake up and realize the Fed's only intention is to provide a false sense of security and scare you into doing what it wants you to do.

And for the record I'm drunk as fuck and that's why I don't care to put it all out there, because it's the truth and you'd all rather believe the Government instead of thinking for your damn self like you're supposed to be doing.

Those quotes don't mean shit...just more bullshit

blah blah blah I have yet to see an argument against mine. I call it like I see it and I'm positive I'm not the only person/scholar out there that objectifies this same viewpoint. He may have killed people, but WAAAAAAAAY back when during the American Revolution so did American militiamen and others.

I defend his actions because the death's of innocent civilians was unintentional and you all want to point the finger at me but how many fucking innocent have we killed in Iraq and Afghanistan over this stupid ass war? That's the sole reason why the terrorists continue to plot against us, because we kill their innocent youth and women. And I know I'm not wrong on that matter. I'm not defending him for having taken innocent lives, I'm defending his actions because they were righteous against the federal government. And to those who say the Fed is all that is American...man you're some brainwashed fools, wake up and realize the Fed's only intention is to provide a false sense of security and scare you into doing what it wants you to do.

And for the record I'm drunk as fuck and that's why I don't care to put it all out there, because it's the truth and you'd all rather believe the Government instead of thinking for your damn self like you're supposed to be doing.

I understand completely what your saying mein freund. Ich liebe dich. :-*

NO I believe in AMERICA. You are a very mislead young man. AYERS was a terrorist. Definition: He used terror and fear to push his views on others. AND killed people in the process on American soil.

The terrorists, right now, don't kill people because we kill innocents in Iraq (which rarely happens by the Military, if at all) they do it because they radically disagree with the Western Way of life and don't want the people over there to change. But they make up for less then 1% of 10% of the people over there. There are 10% of radicals over there that won't blow shit up while 1% of the population will. They are still Terrorists just like William Ayers, in essence they are doing the same thing he is doing. How is that not the same.

Government or not that is how our country runs. We elect officials to speak for us. Vietnam was a mistake on many levels. One of the biggest is when we were already knee deep over there we retreated with our tails between our legs even though we were winning. The country fell apart.

Sorry Red you missed the subtly of my quote. I agree with what Deutscher75 posted. You are missing the whole point. WE ALL LOVE AMERICA DUDE, it's about OUR GOVERNMENT. You want to blindly follow them like sheep into whatever they say is ok. AYers said BS, and was trying to make a point. You love to label people I see. Whatever makes you feel comfortable. I say we need more people like him in this country to wake the fuck up the sleeping dumb asses siting on the couch every night watching "american idol" and doing NOTHING to make our country better. It's not government or not... our country doesn't have to run like this. WE can change it. WE will change it soon... one way or another.

Hog, you crack me up man... Did you want to have a pissing contest of quotes or something? LOL Love the jab at the Dems you sneak in there... and why would you put anything Palin has said? Hahahahaa!!! Was that for comedy relief? It worked... ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

once again he was a TERRORIST. he could have done what he wanted to do peacefully. Instead he blew shit up. Your quote does not say if the government does something you don't like blow up some stuff.

I have never blindly followed the government. You have been spewing your love for the democrats this entire thread. I have not once seen a critical thought or idea against the democratic party. They have been somehow painted as saints during this whole economic debacle.

You can agree with Ayers all you like. But one thing he did not do was be Patriotic. He was a terrorist.

For the record I support the Democratic Presidential Nominee Barrack Obama, but just because I support him it shouldn't be taken as me loving all democrats, I don't support all democrats because I'm a democrat myself. I'm far from a partisan voter and I chose my candidates based on what they can do for me that matters most for me and what I feel this country (or my city/state) needs most and if that candidate can do it.

He was a patriot, not a terrorist. His actions can be viewed as such, but just because he blew some Government property up and accidentally killed a few people in the process doesn't mean he's a terrorist.

A terrorist feels no remorse for the lives they take, Ayers did/does and that's 1 of the big differences.

Again follow what the Government says all you want, I'll make my own educated judgments and decisions, as I already do; and Red for the record I'm far from a mislead young individual. Just because my ideals and what I believe to be true doesn't align with what you believe and see through your own eyes, does not mean I am wrong or even close to being wrong. I'm an individual and my opinion and beliefs should be respected as such just like anyone's. The First Amendment guarantees me that right without discrimination.

Not sure if that was directed towards me on my supposed love for the Dems. Far from it dude. I have plenty of "critical thoughts and ideas" against the the Dems. I AM an independent and as such gives me a much more non-bias view of things. Not sure, but you and Hog seem to be staunch republicans. That's not bad... but may limit how you view stuff. Not sure, just saying. For the record, I think they are plenty of Dems that should not be re-elected and possible charges should be leveled. Starting with William, "cold money" Jefferson... there's a long list believe me. Keep draining the swamp up there in the capitol I say. Like I said before, you can label ppl however you want. What ever makes you feel more comfortable. It still doesn't make it so. ;)

Wasn't talking to you in my last post.

I never said you couldn't speak your mind.

And you don't have to feel no remorse to be a terrorist. He blew up AMERICAN property to insight fear to prove a point. The government is apart of America. There were other means to do it, he chose VIOLENCE.

How is this unclear. I will chose not to try to understand either of you. If you both think it is alright to blow up public property then you guys have lost me. No matter what he did, it was America that he attacked. You try to justify it by saying it was the government. If that is what you want to think then god bless you for it. Absolutely don't agree.

BTW I am a conservative, NOT a republican.

Guest SuddenRedScare

For the record I support the Democratic Presidential Nominee Barrack Obama, but just because I support him it shouldn't be taken as me loving all democrats, I don't support all democrats because I'm a democrat myself. I'm far from a partisan voter and I chose my candidates based on what they can do for me that matters most for me and what I feel this country (or my city/state) needs most and if that candidate can do it.

He was a patriot, not a terrorist. His actions can be viewed as such, but just because he blew some Government property up and accidentally killed a few people in the process doesn't mean he's a terrorist.

A terrorist feels no remorse for the lives they take, Ayers did/does and that's 1 of the big differences.

Again follow what the Government says all you want, I'll make my own educated judgments and decisions, as I already do; and Red for the record I'm far from a mislead young individual. Just because my ideals and what I believe to be true doesn't align with what you believe and see through your own eyes, does not mean I am wrong or even close to being wrong. I'm an individual and my opinion and beliefs should be respected as such just like anyone's. The First Amendment guarantees me that right without discrimination.

I say we all should just agree to disagree before this gets ugly. D75, I can see your point in Ayers not being a terrorist but that doesn't mean what he did was patriotic. I could use the same argument for the police officers who used attack dogs and fire hoses in Birmingham in the 1960's. They sincerely believed they were right because of their skewed judgment, same with Ayers.

Also D75, I am also pretty drunk right now. I took a few shots of Everclear before I went to class and it's kicking in. It's easy to debated while you're a little drunk, eh? Fuck, now I'm going to have some NAACP members with signs in my front yard after posting this... better drink up I guess. :P

Red0ctobeR ]

Wasn't talking to you in my last post.

I know, I was just putting it out there was there was no misunderstanding of me and the Dems.

The Government is part of America? True, but it's the ruling entity, not America as a whole. America is the people of this nation, we make this nation, not the Government.

It is much easier to debate because you become less reserved while intoxicated. But don't get too drunk, there's a line between being able to debate more fluently without reserve and just sounding like a belligerent asshole lol

Guest SuddenRedScare

It is much easier to debate because you become less reserved while intoxicated. But don't get too drunk, there's a line between being able to debate more fluently without reserve and just sounding like a belligerent asshole lol

Which was I? I'm starting to sober up. :-[

J-Rite ]
CDBS14 ]
Goat ]

ELECT GOAT!

[size=4][color=blue] Do the Math
700 billion divided by the US population means you each get$2,300 [/color][/size] 

The check is in the mail

now you got my vote for reals.

congrats goat' date=' you have one minor voting for you. LOL

[/quote']

hey he is paying, the young population is with you. SUPPORT GOAT. ;D

What's say we get back on policy.

Remember this:

HogWild ]

You're not Joe? Better talk to Obama, he said clean coal technology is a resource that he would develop as President.

Welll it appears Biden has talked to Obama.....

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2008/09/biden_is_for_clean_coal_again.asp

Campaigning in Pennsylvania coal country on Thursday, the Democratic vice presidential nominee said the government should steer more money to clean coal — a term used to describe a variety of emerging technologies that burn coal for electricity without producing as much pollution.

"I am for clean coal," he told The Associated Press following a speech in Wilkes-Barre.

It's an issue that resonates with some working-class voters in Pennsylvania, a group that Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama has had trouble connecting with. Pennsylvania Democrats gave Sen. Hillary Clinton a 10-point victory in the April primary.

Pennsylvania is the nation's No. 4 coal-producing state; the industry employs more than 7,000 people at nearly 800 mines, and many voters come from coal-mining families. The administration of Gov. Ed Rendell has invested millions of dollars in clean coal technology in the state.

I swear Obama and Biden flip flop so much it's like watching a Chinese Acrobatics Team in action.

Red0ctobeR ]

AYERS was a terrorist. Definition: He used terror and fear to push his views on others.

Hmmmm.... Wasn't this the Bush tactic to push us into war with Iraq, and then pump it up when his war was dropping in popularity, especially during his re-election????... Just an observation...

BTW.....Any of you catch Palin's latest interview?....LoL... Any of you fanboys catching on to what we Alaskans knew all along? i.e. HOW STUPID PALIN REALLY IS? it really is a SCARY thought that she could be president if Johnny kicks it... Makes me question the intelligence of the GOP base... I'm glad to see there is AT LEAST one well respected hard core GOP type that is questioning whether she should step down.... And one claiming McCain isnt fit to lead.... Why dont you guys put up thier quotes here??.... Seeing how you seem to have all the GOP talking points.

-REVEREND- ]

BTW.....Any of you catch Palin's latest interview?....LoL... Any of you fanboys catching on to what we Alaskans knew all along? i.e. HOW STUPID PALIN REALLY IS? it really is a SCARY thought that she could be president if Johnny kicks it... Makes me question the intelligence of the GOP base... I'm glad to see there is AT LEAST one well respected hard core GOP type that is questioning whether she should step down.... And one claiming McCain isnt fit to lead.... Why dont you guys put up thier quotes here??.... Seeing how you seem to have all the GOP talking points.

Rev, then please break it down for the rest of us.....

If Alaskan's know that Palin is stupid, why does she have an approval rating above 80% from Alaskan's?

Maybe you can explain how Palin got elected Governor in the first place, I'm sure the "dumbass GOP" vote wasn't enough to put her over the top.

Why don't you post the quotes of those in the GOP claiming McCain is not fit to lead? I've got all kind of quotes from the Democratic Party that state Obama is unfit to lead, starting with quotes from Obama's Vice President pick Joe Biden.

I wouldn't worry about McCain kicking the bucket, being his mother is over 90 years old and still pretty active. Obama is a chain smoker who's mother died in her 50's from cancer. Having a family history of cancer can't be good, can it?

And since you are spelling things out.....

Maybe you can explain why Barrack Obama has to look at the bracelet he's wearing to remember the name of the servicemember that died in service to this country.